anyone trying to redeem themselves from their past??

Options
back in 09, i was 180lbs. i lost 40lbs and was happily at my goal weight. i celebrated a little too much and the pounds kept creeping up and up until i actually surpassed my original weight by ALOT... now when i go to family functions or go to see people i havent seen in a while im embarassed that all they will think about is how much weight i put on. and another funny thing is that i have almost any clothing size in my closet you can think of! im wondering if there are people who have a similar story to mine and if you do i would love to add you or feel free to add me so we can get out of this hole we dug ourselves in! lets kick some *kitten*!!!

Replies

• Jayavery
    Jayavery Posts: 3
    Options
    I am with yah! I lost 40lbs when I did WW's in 2003. Then I gained 60lbs since I married my husband. (He is a fried food Junkie)
    I need to lose 90lbs to feel better, be healthier and just be better for myself. I still have 10 year old jeans because I am convinced I will fit into them some day.
  • nochoa223
    nochoa223 Posts: 21
    Options
    same here i keep those darn size 8 jeans! but we will fit into them one day!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    same thing.

3 years ago i lost 40 pounds.. and it creeped back on.

losing it the second time is harder in a way b/c i'm pissed i ever let myself get fat again, but its easier because i know i can do it.
    this time i am exercising too, which i didn't do last time.
  • Permbaby
    Permbaby Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Three years ago I lost 70, but I slowly let it catch up to me. I'm pissed at myself every time I look in the mirror, but at least I can use it as motivation to get back into shape.
  • BethanyLawton1987
    Options
    I lost 35lbs last year, but have slowly gained 20 back and i wasnt at my target then so still got a long way 2 go!!
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    many years ago... I was loosing weight... got down to 265... slowly crept up to 300 again (highest was 340) ...

I was so sad... I am now down to 270... and my general trend is slowly down... I don't care how long it takes me as long as I don't gain... I think that going slowly this time is what is helping... I also take several weeks where I just maintain... to not actively TRY to get the weight off...

this is becoming much more of a lifestyle this time :)
  • HorseWithNoName27
    HorseWithNoName27 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Done the same thing, I was a very overweight child, went from prolly about 240 or so (I dunno how much I weighed then) to 160 when I was 13/14. For my height, that's a normal weight, and I was lifting weights, hiking, jogging, swimming, and playing two sports. Maintained that until I turned 16, quit playing sports, quit working out, worked in fast food, slowly gaining weight (about twenty pounds a year or more) until I'm sitting here at 20 and 280 pounds. It's terrible, and it's all my fault.

I think a lot of us try to redeem or heal our past in some way, not just health-wise. I sure am. It's difficult to even comprehend the vastness of it, so I am just trying one day at a time now. That may help you.
  • KristenCook2
    KristenCook2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm *kind of* in that boat. I spent all of high school and about half of my 20's being SUPER thin - usually no bigger than a size 6. My Mom died and instead of dealing with my feelings, I started eating them. Now, I'm 2 of what I used to be and when people who knew me then see me, they can't believe it. Truthfully, neither can I. I can't believe I let it get this bad. BUT, today is a brighter day than yesterday and I'm a little further along the path to regaining my health (and those size 10 jeans I refuse to get rid of)!

Oh, and saving clothing from my younger days? I'll tell you what I've got and it can be my confession for the evening: I had my high school graduation portrait taken in this custom-made plaid blazer. I loved that blazer. (It was the '90's - give me a break). Everyone always makes fun of me about this blazer and a year ago I told my Dad that I still have the blazer and one day I'm going to rock it out one more time just because I can. He laughed and said it'll never happen. But, trust, it will! :wink:
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    this same thing happened to me too. I was about 180 and went to 145, and i started not watching what i ate and how much, i went right up to 204.. then started to lose, went down to 174, and got pregnant lol. Now i'm very unhappily at 226. I have a long way to go.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Yep, yo-yo'd. Back in I guess late 80s, lost #60 on my own following WW plan. Yeah I was younger then and wish I had kept it off, but no, over time (and really fast I guess), gained that 60 PLUS GOK how much more.

Then joined WW again, lost #50 then again ate it back up and then another 70 odd.

2 years later, again joined WW, lost some weight but lost interest in going.

Jump forward to today up from that original (late 80s weight) which is now 140 lbs gained. OMG !!!!! So yes, am trying to redeem myself and this time keep it off. Metabolism ain't what it used to be when I was in my late 20s/early 30s.
  • nochoa223
    nochoa223 Posts: 21
    Options
    dextress: thats exactly where im at right now. 224 trying to get down to 145. we do have a ways to go but we can do it!!
  • lisa86326
    lisa86326 Posts: 20
    Options
    What amazes me now is how much I constantly THINK/OBSESS about it! Filled with self doubt/ Constant self criticism. And fear - Don't want to go anywhere because people will think I'm fat. OMG! I'm wasting my life being such an insecure idiot!
  • KristenCook2
    KristenCook2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    What amazes me now is how much I constantly THINK/OBSESS about it! Filled with self doubt/ Constant self criticism. And fear - Don't want to go anywhere because people will think I'm fat. OMG! I'm wasting my life being such an insecure idiot!

Lisa - just own where you are right now and be secure in knowing that you're working on it! I just posted this quote on my FB yesterday: "Don’t waste your life waiting until everything is perfect before you start enjoying it." ~Joyce Meyer. I need to remember this and it sounds like you do as well. Focus on all the positives you have right now and know that as your journey continues, your new healthier self will start to emerge. Live life girl - to the absolute fullest, at every opportunity!!! :smile:
  • arlingtonangel
    arlingtonangel Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Sure am...in 2002 I lost 75lbs My family could not stop talking about how good I looked....then I got pregnant with my son. I put it all back on and then some. I have been trying to get back down again, but it just hasn't happened.
  • KeepJoJoPushin
    Options
    :bigsmile: Yep I was 236 got down to 212 stayed for couple years. Then down to 195 an moved in with my man and back to 225 was NOT gonna see 230's again!!!!! Now 217 and doing insanity and eatin healthy!! U can do it u just have to really want to!!!!
  • JamesterCK
    JamesterCK Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I can relate! In 2009 I decided to get serious about losing weight. I went from 233 to 185 and I felt AMAZING! I'm not really sure what happened, but I ended up gaining almost all that weight back. I've been struggling for awhile trying to lose it again, but I always eat right and exercise for about a week and then give up. This time I feel different, more committed, so I am positive I can do it! It definitely helps having other people to talk to who are going through the same thing!