Aqua Fitness... does it work?

Options
Hi all! I'm trying to decide which gym to join and there is one that offers a lot of aqua exercise, classes named "Aqua Fitness" "Aqua Sculpt" "Aqua Biking" "Aqua Dance" and even "Aqua Pilates" ...
I'm wondering if anyone out there has tried any of these activities and how effective they found them to be.
thanks!!

Replies

• skinnyallover
    Options
    anyone??
  • j2tyco
    j2tyco Posts: 42
    Options
    I started off with doing aqua classes...3 times a week 60 minutes each class-- Tuesdays is "hydro training" which is a ton of "AT"and we hit that anaerobic threshold and hold it there for several minutes then back down to recover for a few and then back up to AT for several cycles of this...I feel GREAT afterwards Thursdays is "water circuit" and this is a lot more resistance and less AT then the Tuesday class- both have their benefits---and Saturdays I do "water zumba" its tons of fun and a great way to still be moving and get your heart pumping...ALL of them are great and each one you control how much "effect" the water has on the work out..you can just sway back and forth or you can really push the water and have a completely different workout.

After doing these 3 classes for a few weeks I got my endurance and strength up enough to try out SPIN classes and I LOVE those-- TOTALLY different more intense workout then the water but without the water I would not have been conditioned enough to even last 15 minutes in my first spin.. now I am swapping out the water zumba for a 2nd spin class each week and doing 2 water and 2 spins and strength training 2 days and 1 yoga day for my rest day.

I have been at it for 7 weeks and have lost 22 pounds and a few inches....so for me it totally works ;-)
  • skinnyallover
    Options
    thanks so much for the info!!
    congrats on your loss!!!