New- Anyone doing Advocare?

Options
Hey there! i got on here about a week or so ago and set up my account but haven't actually started using it until today. I recently started the Advocare program about 4 weeks ago. So far I've lost 8 pounds and I'm really excited about it! I started at 160 and I'm at 152 now. I had a baby 8 months ago today and just couldn't get rid of the last 10 pounds on my own. My goal was to get to 140 but if I could get smaller than that I would be really excited! I'm down to a size 8 and would really love to be a size 6 (not skin tight size 6- comfortable size 8). I was wondering if anyone else was doing this program as well? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• boomersooner806
    Options
    I used to do it a long time ago, but I moved onto Isagenix. Figured I'd try it for a little while. My parents got onto the Isagenix kick about 2 years ago and I decided to try it because they have really turned their life around with it. My entire family was on Advocare for a while, but we switched over. And, so far, so good! Wish I could help you along while doing Advocare. Wish you the best of luck! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • figueres3
    figueres3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    What is the program? Is there a website or something?
  • mavsfan2009
    mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend used to sell advocare and SWEARS by it. Not only did it help him get in great shape, it also made him LOTS of money. He has recently tried to get me to start selling it, but I've never tried it before. What program are you on? Did you buy it from a friend or family member? I'm interested to know - I'm trying to decide if I want to try it and start selling it.
  • birchie12
    Options
    I've only been doing it for a month but I'm really liking it so far. It's like I"m on a diet but I don't feel like it. I cut certain things out but I'm still able to go out to eat like I did before. The other thing I like is that I don't have to be 100% "on" all the time. I try to do the best I can but I still have my usually 1 night a week/ 10 days that I eat more carbs than I should or whatever it is that I'm splurging on but I still manage to loss weight and at a healthy rate. So far I've lost almost 9 pounds and my goal is 20 so I'm almost half way to my goal in a month! I'm really excited about that. I started with the 24 day challenge so I did a 10 day cleanse which went pretty well but is definitely more strict. Then the last 14 days was just the meal replacement shakes and the MNS pills that you take. So far so good! I'm going to continue on the shakes and pills for at least the next couple months- I'm hoping after 90 days I'll actually be below my target weight. I bought it from my mom but we started at the same time basically.
  • birchie12
    Options
    I'm not sure if there is a website. I think I googled it once but it mainly just came up with the different products you can buy which can be overwhelming. We had a friend that was doing it (had lost TONS of weight on it) and they came out to my mom's house with the products and taught us about them.
  • mavsfan2009
    mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congratulations to you. Are you working out as well? I want to save the money for it because I know people who SWEAR by advocare.
  • birchie12
    Options
    checking signature
  • birchie12
    Options
    yes, i've been doing the biggest loser bootcamp dvd with it. i really enjoy it- i'm on the 3rd week (with a 2 week break). i lost weight during the 2 weeks i didn't work out though too. i actually started it again this week and i do see a bigger difference when i work out with the advocare products. i lost 2 pounds already this week (in 5 days) so thats exciting.