Splurging

Options
So this past week I was kind of blah on eating healthy and working out. So I let myself splurge more than usual which i usually do it once a week. I realized at the end of the week that why i don't eat like this. I believe that it is ok to have a week like this every 5 or 6 months if you are just not motivated because it really just motivated me more.!!! It really showed me that I don't want those things even if I crave them. I gave in had mcdonalds and I haven't had a cheeseburger or anything from mcdonalds for prob almost a year well i craving it and i finally had one. I won't want one for awhile.

Replies

• amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I find that if I have a really bad craving for something it never goes away until I eat it. So I try to find something to make that is similar to it and healthy.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I do to but every now and that I just take a week and eat what I usually don't eat. but other than that I eat really healthy. I find it helps you get back on track if you are just stuck and not motivated.
  • boomersooner806
    Options
    I do the same thing! It definitely motivates me to stay on track because my body has gotten used to eating healthy instead of eating all the junk I used to. It almost makes me feel bad afterwards -- okay, so it really makes me feel bad once I splurge, but I'm like you sometimes... once I get my fill of a certain food that I'm craving, I'm done for a while! You're doing great. We all need our splurges every once in a while. If not, I'm pretty sure we'd all go crazy depriving ourselves like that! :bigsmile:
  • jdavis193
    Options
    O and I have actually lost a few to.
  • jdavis193
    Options
    I agree I have a 7 month old and weigh less then before I got pregnant. I have done that another time during the 7 months and that helps me get back on track. If not i tend to just fall off and not care.
  • truedecember
    truedecember Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I totally know what you mean! I've been eating some really bad stuff this week, and I'm getting sick of chocolate/sweets and really just want some fresh veggies! My body is craving them! I wish the holidays revolved more around healthy foods and less around treats lol... But I agree that taking a mental break from the healthy eating can help rejuvenate you and make you see why you started these new eating habits in the first place. Those "bad" foods make you feel tired and gross!
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I do to but every now and that I just take a week and eat what I usually don't eat. but other than that I eat really healthy. I find it helps you get back on track if you are just stuck and not motivated.

That is a good idea.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I agree about the making your own version of your "treat." Take my breakfast for example; when I used to run out to McDonald's or Burger King for a sausage egg and cheese, I made my own.

1 Thomas Multi-Grain light English Muffin, 1 scrambled egg, 3 tbs. egg whites, 1 piece of turkey sausage, 1 piece 2% cheese. I had all of that (very substantial) for a little over 300 calories, and it will keep me full until lunch. I know I saved myself a load of fat, especially saturated. When you find that you are craving something, just try to make a better version of it yourself--you will be amazed that your stuff actually tastes better than the restaurant because you used fresh, healthy ingredients.

Sometimes this mantra just doesn't work :wink: so when that happens just run out to McDonalds, get that cheeseburger, and get that craving out of the way! I have one of those cravings every so often for Qdoba....mmmmm!
  • jdavis193
    Options
    O i make my version all the time. We are mostly talking about when you want the real thing.!!!!!
  • missjenn
    missjenn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I let myself eat whatever for 2 days over Thanksgiving. Working out that next day was a killer. It actually took me three days before I didn't feel icky during my workout-I made myself push through. I didn't gain anything but I could sure tell that I had eaten badly. I think I'll try to keep it more in check over Christmas. So, I know what you mean about the motivation.
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I find that if I have a really bad craving for something it never goes away until I eat it. So I try to find something to make that is similar to it and healthy.

This is the BEST site that has healthy (or at least healthier :wink: ) versions of favourite foods: http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/index.php
  • jdavis193
    Options
    If I have eaten unhealthy then I love my workout the following day I mean I love it. It gets me moving again.
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I took a whole weekend like that. I went to a greek festival and ate lord knows how many calories. I decided to forget my diet and ate HORRIBLE the whole weekend. (I'm talking cookies, ice cream, pizza). I had a pizza the last day and I really just wanted to throw it out the door and eat something healthy.

I think it's kind of good to do that to yourself. (Feel like crap) That's just because it definately puts us back on the right track. Like you said, it reminds you why you're eating healthy.
  • jdavis193
    Options
    I totally agree because I get where I am unmotivated for a week or so and so i just let myself but i usually way the same when i am done. so thats good!!