protein powder: vanilla or chocolate?

Options
katnohat
katnohat Posts: 43 Member
I am not satisfied with the protein powder I am currently using- Jillian Michaels Chocolate ( I hate the texture and the taste is weird as well)...and I am thinking of buying Body Fortress Super Advanced protein powder, but which do you think is better- chocolate or vanilla flavor?

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I use vanilla, but I'm considering buying flavorless. I like my protein shakes to taste like what I put in anyway.
  • katnohat
    Options
    I would like to buy flavorless, but it's not offered in any stores near where I live, sooo I'm stuck between the two.
  • michellekicks
    Options
    What are these "stores" you speak of? I buy everything on amazon.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Definitely vanilla for me.
  • katnohat
    Options

Hahaha I wish I could buy on Amazon, but as I am just eighteen I don't have a credit card or anything to buy things online with, so I have to buy things in person with cash or check.
  • michellekicks
    Options

Hahaha I wish I could buy on Amazon, but as I am just eighteen I don't have a credit card or anything to buy things online with, so I have to buy things in person with cash or check.

Tragic.

Can you ask someone to order for you? Anything over $25 is free shipping and usually everything is cheaper than in stores.
  • Addicted2DOMS
    Options
    Dymatize ISO 100 Vanilla.It taste and mixes the best.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I buy vanilla because I can just add cocoa powder if I want something to taste chocolatey.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options

Does Amazon accept Paypal? You don't need a credit card with that.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I would buy unflavored. Less calories and sugar.

It's also more versatile, you can mix the unflavored in water for your oatmeal, put it in soups (before heating up), mix it in greek yogurt,
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I buy vanilla because I can just add cocoa powder if I want something to taste chocolatey.

Exactly. Plus the chocolate flavors never taste quite right to me. The vanilla flavoring is a lot more flexible and goes with a lot more things than chocolate.
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I like vanilla eas soy protein powder. It ends up tasting like whatever I put in it. Which is usually peanut butter and a tablespoon of sugar free chocolate pudding mix. Chocolate protein powders taste fake.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    The brand I use (Define Women) has both flavours and I have tried both. I personally like the vanilla better as it tastes better with my vanilla yogurt.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress is the brand I use! I've been using the chocolate peanut butter flavor for months and it's amazing. It tastes like a reeses smoothie! I make it with almond milk and sometimes I throw in extra peanut butter and/or a banana.

That being said, I'm finally getting tired fo that flavor and I think I'm going to try vanilla next. I hope it's good!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I use both, but if I had to pick one I would go with vanilla. It's more versatile- I use it every morning in my oatmeal with fruit. If you only had vanilla, you could add a little bit of hershey's unsweetened cocoa and stevia to make a chocolate shake (as long as you mix it really well).

^@LaurenAOK- Body Fortress vanilla is pretty decent- I use it all the time. :)
  • michellekicks
    Options
    Okay, wait... a word on protein powders in general... go for whey. Do some research, but there is some evidence that soy can disrupt hormones. Besides, all soy is genetically modified from my understanding. I don't trust it. But that's me.
  • ginaquinn2
    ginaquinn2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    If you have a target store in your area I recommend Pure Protein powder in vanilla creme. 130 calories with 23 g of protein. I like it, you can sometimes go on target.com to see if you can print a $2.00 coupon. I also really like Max Pro Protein Powder - Vanilla -130 calories and 30g of protein. I would never buy anything but vanilla because you can always add your own flavors to it. I like almond extract and sometimes vanilla too. Word of caution...you can always add more extract....a little goes a long way. I also have been adding PB2 to it for a peanut butter shake. Of course it always can go well with blueberries, strawberries and just about any other fruit.
    :drinker: