Post-workout recovery

Options
Does anyone have good options for a recovery drink/supplement. I am starting P90X/Turbofire. I have tried a whey protein shake, but for some reason it upsets my stomach after a workout. However, I can drink them for breakfast and be just fine. So I am looking for something I can have that won't keep me up all night either, as I have started doing workouts after the kids are in bed around 8p. I don't have enough time in the morning for a quality workout anymore.

Replies

• seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    I like Pure Protein brand protein bars. They have 19-20 grams protein each.
  • miguelrunner
    miguelrunner Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting the P90X/TB program!

A protein shake basically gives you "muscle" food after a strenuous workout. If you can't take in protein, at least replace the fluids lost during your workout. Water, sodium, electrolytes (Gatorade). That will at least give you back what you lost, immediately.
  • SyStEmPhReAk
    SyStEmPhReAk Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    What brand of Whey protein is it? Some types are better digesting than others. I had issues once with the same thing - feeling bloated after my shake - then I switched to a Whey isolate (GNC). Most of the lactose is removed from Whey isolates so its easier on the stomach. I use Wheybolic extreme now from GNC, but the isolate version is less expensive if you want to go that route.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Throw a teaspoon of glutamine in ur protein shake...
  • lcallbaugh
    lcallbaugh Posts: 33
    Options
    Thanks for all the info. I will try those things.