Plus Size Clothes in America?

Options
jilliew
jilliew Posts: 255 Member
Hello. I am a Canadian that will be venturing into Montana for some shopping this weekend. I'm just wondering where I should look for plus-sized clothes?

Let me know! :D

Replies

• Tinkerbell1010
    Tinkerbell1010 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm not so sure what stores are in Montana but Fashion Bug and Lane Byrant are plus stores. Have a safe trip :)
  • Snail313
    Snail313 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I order most of mine online.
  • d4rkn3ss06
    d4rkn3ss06 Posts: 57
    Options
    I am in California so I'm not sure what is in Montana but torrid is a great plus size store that always has really cute clothes!! :D Good luck!!
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Plus sized clothes are easy to find in the US. You don't even have to go to a specialty store. I've worked at several clothing stores and retailers, and except for one that specialized in smaller sizes, they all carried plus sizes. Whatever is in Montana, you can probably find some clothes. Have fun!
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Torrid, Lane Bryant, Fashion bug, Catos, and Maurices. Have a safe trip!!!!
  • ComicBookGeekGirl
    Options
    LOVE Torrid!! Super cute clothes that I actually want to wear!!
  • mdulanto9177
    mdulanto9177 Posts: 160
    Options
    don't forget about avenue....cute and affordable
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Depends on how plus sized you are. Every store carries some plus size (unless it's one of those stores that only target the super skinny) but if you are a size 36 or something you are going to need some sort of specialty store.
  • spartangirl79
    spartangirl79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Target has some cute stuff too!
  • mkbledsoe
    mkbledsoe Posts: 132
    Options
    JJill is kind of expensive but their clothes are really good quality and you can get stylish clothes in plus sizes.
  • new_blossom
    new_blossom Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    For stylish, cute, trendy clothes, Lane Bryant or Torrid. If you are looking for older, career fashion, Catherine's is a sister store of Lane Bryant, but I find there tops are less flattering and boxy and pricey, but there undergarments, undies and bras, and shapewear, are more geared for a plus size fit.
  • gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Depends Where in Montana you are going. I frequently go down to Kalispell and I hit up Ross Dress for less, TJ Maxx (which is the US version of Winners). By the time I'm done there I usually just about have a whole new wardrobe I'm a size 24 and I always find things that fit there!
  • sathor
    sathor Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    LOVE Torrid!! Super cute clothes that I actually want to wear!!

I like torrid, but I don't shop there, I own stock in their parent company, Hot Topic. And HT pays dividends.

(I do like shopping at HT though, though usually just band shirts or trinkets.)
  • stomachflu
    stomachflu Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Dress Barn has very nice plus sized clothes.

lane bryant..well where I live the stores are absolute crap, but we went to a lane Bryant outlet store and I could have bought the place out!

Ross, Burlington Coat Factory, Marshalls all have plus sized clothes. In fact, during the winter I got a bunch of sweater dresses at Ross for cheap that I had seen for 3 times the price in other stores (cripes I sound like that commercial)
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Unless you are looking for Bras Lane Bryant is great for older women (and expensive). Check out Forever 21, Old Navy (clearance is good), and The Gap. Besides certain stores may have a plus size section.

ASHLEY STEWART if you are 12-28