When will it really start becoming noticeable?

Options
2»

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    every 10%
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I started at 378 it really wasn't noticeable on me (read I didn't see it) until about 300 lbs. Others could tell long before it hit me in the face. Btw I can still wear the same big clothes but they look really. Bad. I can also wear the new clothes with a 6" smaller waist.

Good luck keep working it. It will be so worth it in a few months.
  • loumaag
    loumaag Posts: 118
    Options
    I would measure.

I also use clothes I cant fit into as markers also. I have my "want into it" shirt and try it on once a month and a pair of jeans.
    ^^^ This ...
    Take monthly pictures! You will see differences in those that you normally would not catch! :)
    ^^^ and this.

I noticed my clothes fitting differently first then I started tracking here at MFP and got the idea of pictures. I had to hunt for older pictures, there just aren't any of me at my high weight (311) so I had to find some where I weighed about 300. Take pictures now, you will appreciate them down the road.
  • imcatbear
    imcatbear Posts: 38
    Options
    Definitely start periodically taking measurements and not just focusing on the scale. That is especially true if workouts are a part of your regimen, since the muscle you will be building will weigh more than the fat you will be losing.

Definitely agree with taking measurements.

I'm sure the poster who wrote the above really means muscle is denser than fat and therefore takes up less volume.

People noticed on me at about 10-15% lost for the first time.

I started to physically feel better 20 pounds in. Current loss so far is a tick over 60.