Today's Motivation

Options
My little sister (18) just had a baby in May. She came over today and we took a bunch of pictures because she's moving out of state. I look ENORMOUS next to her. I look GIGANTIC holding an infant.

Mirrors are one thing, but pictures don't lie.

That's today's motivation.

Replies

• Sopsongbird
    Sopsongbird Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    AMEN SISTA!!!
  • kels228
    kels228 Posts: 7
    Options
    SO TRUE. I never realize how big I am until I see a picture of myself. It usually takes my breath away. Then I can't stop looking at it and thinking "This CANNOT be what I look like!" But yeah, they don't lie!

One of the reasons I really want to do this is so I can be happy to be in photos with my kids and not want to throw them all away. Most of our family pictures are of my husband with my kids b/c I don't want to be in the picture. But that's really sad. Plus if something were to happen to me, my kids would have basically a handful of photos of me. Sad.
  • reesa722
    reesa722 Posts: 76
    Options
    SO TRUE. I never realize how big I am until I see a picture of myself. It usually takes my breath away. Then I can't stop looking at it and thinking "This CANNOT be what I look like!" But yeah, they don't lie!

One of the reasons I really want to do this is so I can be happy to be in photos with my kids and not want to throw them all away. Most of our family pictures are of my husband with my kids b/c I don't want to be in the picture. But that's really sad. Plus if something were to happen to me, my kids would have basically a handful of photos of me. Sad.

I can totally relate... I don't have kids, but my brothers are 8, 10, & 12... and it's pretty much the same thing. I hate the pictures I'm in lately with them. Luckily, they don't seem to notice how big I am, but I do... and it's time to change that.
  • submarinewife07
    Options
    Yes! I completely understand one day a few months ago my husbands family and I went out on their boat at the lake..ofcouse they had to start taking pictures..later on that week my future sister inlaw posted a few pics of me on fb and asked her to take them off..I hated how bad I looked in a bathing suit..I was soooo embarrassed.. She made a big deal about what's the difference in these and others I've posted...fact of the matter was I only post ones I like of myself and I'm fully clothed! I didn't say that...I guess I don't speak up enough..it was just too upsetting...
  • reesa722
    reesa722 Posts: 76
    Options
    Yes! I completely understand one day a few months ago my husbands family and I went out on their boat at the lake..ofcouse they had to start taking pictures..later on that week my future sister inlaw posted a few pics of me on fb and asked her to take them off..I hated how bad I looked in a bathing suit..I was soooo embarrassed.. She made a big deal about what's the difference in these and others I've posted...fact of the matter was I only post ones I like of myself and I'm fully clothed! I didn't say that...I guess I don't speak up enough..it was just too upsetting...

Oh man. I hear you on the bathing suit thing... I actually LEFT my parents' July 4th party because long distance family was coming in to town, and I was ashamed to be seen in a bathing suit at this size. THAT was eye opening for me.