My proud 10 pound success...

Options
So, I'm down 10 pounds. :) I'm actually enjoying calorie counting and exercising because it's something to focus on besides being jobless and broke. I'm using my Gazelle regularly and loving it.

I'm staying at my parents' for the weekend and Mom went to bed tonight and said, "no snacking."

OK... Firstly, I'm a grown woman - I don't need to be reminded that I'm trying to lose weight. Second, I still have 1500 calories that I could eat and still be under my limit. >_<

I know she means well. But that's not the support I need or want. See, in high school, I *starved* myself because that's how my mom told me to diet, and I didn't know any better. In college, I made myself throw up my food because I was tired of starving myself, but I still didn't want to get fat. Letting go of that learned behavior pretty much pushed me to over eating, and then I just didn't care. Now, I'm more focused on being healthy, eating healthy, and being active (albeit slowly). My mom would rather starve. I *love* eating. And it's REALLY hard for me to stop myself from eating when I'm truly not hungry, just bored. So this is all a learning thing for me too - training myself that I'm not hungry, I'm bored and/or thirsty. And in just a few days since I started counting my calories and exercising, I'm REALLY proud of myself.

So, this isn't a huge success story... but it's the start of one. :)

Replies

• sammiliegh
    sammiliegh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yay!:) I enjoy calorie counting and exercising too! I find it as something to distract me from things I don't want to think about, and almost a challenge! :)

Keep up the good work!!
  • sbb7249
    sbb7249 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Way to stay positive! I am proud of you too! Good job!
  • scrang37
    scrang37 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a new beginning and healthy life style change:D Keep up the good work and stay focused on the positive. You can do this:happy:
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I'm actually enjoying calorie counting and exercising because it's something to focus on besides being jobless and broke.

I thought this was only me.
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    congrats!! i'm just say of 10 lbs and i'm happy at losing 9 lbs so far. it hasn't been easy but i'm happy. celebrate away!!!
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Wtg!!!
  • Sopsongbird
    Sopsongbird Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Congrats girl! I started REALLY counting and logging and exercising Tuesday. I weighed myself then at the Dr.s office...then weighed myself today at the dentist's office...9 POUNDS GONE!!! I know it is water weight, but it is still a WOO HOO!!! I know how you feel about family making comments and not treating you as a responsible adult concerning your own body. They always have to say SOMETHING!

Don't worry about it! Just nod and smile and continue what you are doing! Stay strong and remember that you have a whole fan page rooting for you!
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    Every journey begins with a single step! Enjoy yours!
  • kimthazme
    kimthazme Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love your story! Sounds like you are really figuring things out!
  • hopecol
    hopecol Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm actually enjoying calorie counting and exercising because it's something to focus on besides being jobless and broke.

Lol, me too!
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options

Nope.... Me too! :grumble:
  • Bigjayinga
    Bigjayinga Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Great job, the first 10 are the best. Congrats
  • reesa722
    reesa722 Posts: 76
    Options
    You all are so great. :) THANK YOU!!

And if you're also jobless/broke and using this to keep yourself focused, you are NOT alone. This is keeping me out of a hole so dark I couldn't see... Now things are brighter and I'm feeling more positive.

I'm so happy I could skip. :)
  • dewilliams30
    Options
    1lb equals success! You're doing a great job and old habits die hard but they can and will die. Gaining control of weight management is a job all on its own. It takes hard work and dedication. Your 10lbs proves that you can do it. Keep at it! Awesome accomplishment!
  • JennyJStewart
    JennyJStewart Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I loved reading your story! I can sure relate to breaking with the self-destructive behaviour. And skipping is good exercise...I think just being happy burns calories! :D
  • rooster70460
    rooster70460 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    First off your WRONG!!
    This is a HUGE success story. Many people do the same thing you have done for YEARS and never realize it.
    The first step is admitting your problem and the second is taking that next step to correct it.

Kudo's to you and tell "MOM" next time.... " I love you too!!" :-)

Colette
  • ChaoticMiNd
    ChaoticMiNd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    This IS a huge success story!
  • reesa722
    reesa722 Posts: 76
    Options
    aw thanks you guys :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!