If you like soup...

Options
I found this recipe online last year and made it this winter. Everyone who has tasted it likes it. I am normally a picky eater when it comes to anything healthy but I love this soup. I only made a couple of changes when I made it. I used chicken broth instead of vegetable broth and I used tomatoes that I canned instead of the tomatoes they used. I also cooked it on the stove. I didn't get the serving size but I am going to guess it's for one cup???

Tortellini & Zucchini Soup
Recipe Nutrition
Per serving: 203 calories; 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat, 4 g mono unsaturated fat); 10 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 4 g fiber; 386 mg sodium; 400 mg potassium Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (80% daily value), Vitamin C (35% dv).

ingredients
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 large carrots, finely chopped
• 1 large onion, diced
• 2 tablespoons minced garlic
• 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
• 2 14-ounce cans vegetable broth
• 2 medium zucchini, diced
• 9 ounces (about 2 cups) fresh or frozen tortellini, preferably spinach-&-cheese
• 4 plum tomatoes, diced
• 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
directions
1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add carrots and onion; stir, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft and just beginning to brown, 6 to 7 minutes. Stir in garlic and rosemary and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
2. Stir in broth and zucchini; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Add tortellini and tomatoes and simmer until the tortellini are plump and the tomatoes are beginning to break down, 6 to 10 minutes. Stir vinegar into the hot soup just before serving.

Replies

• tjcase75
    tjcase75 Posts: 4
    Options
    sounds yummy...thank you I will have to try it.
  • melting4health
    Options
    sounds yummy...thank you I will have to try it.

I hope you like it.
  • sweetmommyofthree
    sweetmommyofthree Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    This sounds extremely yummy. I am guessing my husband and kids will not eat, but I guess then there will be more for me. Would you suggest adding a little garlic to this?
  • melting4health
    Options
    I think a little garlic would be perfect for it.
  • mevette30
    mevette30 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a winner, I was just in Sprouts tonight thinking of a soup to make for Sunday :) Thanks for sharing!
  • lexishea
    lexishea Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yum!!!! Thank you so much for sharing-can't wait to try it!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • linderlou25
    Options
    bump zucchini soup