HELP! how am i meant to eat this many calories???

Options
Okay so, tomorrow I have groove training (its a sort of intense dance, mix of latin, hiphop, urban) which goes for 8.5 hours!

They said at least 7 or 8 of those hours we're gonna be dancing nonstop... how the hell am i meant to eat all those calories back? with healthy foods! that is almost 4000 calories!

Replies

• nickyrobinson
    nickyrobinson Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I think you will be really hungry!

Figure on eating some of those extra calories the day after. If it makes it easier for you, actually log half of the exercise the next day (this is something I do if I exercise heavily late in the day... smooths things out and makes it much easier to plan.)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    4 1000 meals..... nom nom nom nom

full fat protein smoothie with 3 scoops of protein and frozen fruit i probably like 500 calories at least

4 eggs with ground turkey, veggies, cheese with an avocado is probably like 900 calories

pasta with meatballs, marinara is probably like 750 calories too

the possibilities are endless
  • im_2gd2btru
    Options
    I would say high carbs in the morning and high fat throughout (good fat) ig Avacado Sandwiches.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options

full fat protein smoothie with 3 scoops of protein and frozen fruit i probably like 500 calories at least

4 eggs with ground turkey, veggies, cheese with an avocado is probably like 900 calories

umm i don't exactly have $100 to spend on one day's worth of food.
    also, considering we will be training from 9am-530pm when do you think i can eat 2 1000 cal meals within that time without dancing afterwards and vomiting?
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    I just wanna know how in the heck you can move for that long! LOL!
    WAY TO GO!!!

Try drinking something like a power aide during your dancing! or maybe a vitamin water? i dont know alot about them, but i know that you are going to need vitamins and nutrients in your body to keep your muscles from being damaged!
  • ttrotter1960
    Options
    I think your going to be to eshausted and dehydrated to be to terribly concerned about food. It will work out. One days excesses or shortfalls do not a diet make.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

umm i don't exactly have $100 to spend on one day's worth of food.
    also, considering we will be training from 9am-530pm when do you think i can eat 2 1000 cal meals within that time without dancing afterwards and vomiting?

wtf? you asked for ideas an i gave you a few. there's no need to get sassy. i dont know what your budget is. eat your food or dont eat your food. pay for it or dont pay for it. i dont care either way. i was just trying to be helpful :laugh:
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    I just wanna know how in the heck you can move for that long! LOL!
    WAY TO GO!!!

Try drinking something like a power aide during your dancing! or maybe a vitamin water? i dont know alot about them, but i know that you are going to need vitamins and nutrients in your body to keep your muscles from being damaged!

haha I used to be a dancer and my shows were often 3-4 hours long with a 5 minute intermission... never had anything as log as this though. Will take your advice, will probs need the electrolytes!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Look, do what is SENSIBLE!!! This stuff is about common sense. Like someone said, save some calories for the next day because that is when you are really going to be hungry. Also, make sure you have high carb and protein snacks (just like an Athlete>>>Basketballers, Footballers, Tiger...they eat a Protein type bar and banana at certain points. If you have done this before then you know when you need that boost, if you have not, you will learn. Just be prepared.
  • ncwall
    ncwall Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    a chipotle bowl is about 850 calories ( if you like it) I would definatly maybe take some drinks with you if you have protein powder pack some of that maybe?

Wish you the best of luck with that I know i cant do that kinda work out right now hope to one day though
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    a chipotle bowl is about 850 calories ( if you like it) I would definatly maybe take some drinks with you if you have protein powder pack some of that maybe?

Wish you the best of luck with that I know i cant do that kinda work out right now hope to one day though
    whats a chipotle bowl? :S
  • chimpy_chimp
    chimpy_chimp Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Needing to eat more calories is a problem? I thought you would be doing the Happy Dance!

F3QCKX0GTGCQPKY.MEDIUM.gif
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Pediasure, or rather the generic version of it, the meal replacement one, not the between meal one.

240 calories, good carb, protein, fat, vitamins and minerals.

Can drink in the midst of dancing. I bottle per hr should be enough to replenish about half the calories - and leave enough calories left over for eating out afterwards.
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    Pediasure, or rather the generic version of it, the meal replacement one, not the between meal one.

Can drink in the midst of dancing. I bottle per hr should be enough to replenish about half the calories - and leave enough calories left over for eating out afterwards.

what's pediasure? :S
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I am going to be cycling for 12 hours today, so I just eat what I want it will never fill my exercise calories, so that is just a bonus.
  • ponyfan81
    ponyfan81 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Two words: Pizza Buffet

You're welcome.
  • emtron500
    emtron500 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Chocolate protein powder blended with full fat yogurt, banana, and peanut butter is tasty and calorie-dense.
  • emtron500
    emtron500 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Or the pizza buffet. I like that answer too. Most "unhealthy" foods get that label for being calorie-dense, so if replenishing calories is your goal, maybe re-evaluate what you consider healthy for the day. We all know how to eat a ton of calories, that's how we ended up needing MFP in the first place!
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    Needing to eat more calories is a problem? I thought you would be doing the Happy Dance!

F3QCKX0GTGCQPKY.MEDIUM.gif

It is for someone on a budget :wink:
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options

what's pediasure? :S

Baby aisle! My little guy had some left over.

It was great after a 3 hr bike ride burning 2500 cal's. Along with a bottle chocolate milk. And a V-8. And a couple bars. And a whole lot more later.

But it was a great start for the time I didn't feel like eating quite yet.