NIGHT SHIFTT

Options
SO, I AM PRETTY NEW TO THIS MFP AND I HAVE A QUESTION. I WORK THE NIGHT SHIFT AT A HOSPITAL, DURING THE DAY I SLEEP. WELL AS IM UP AT WORK LOGGING MY FOOD, AFTER MIDNITE THE LOG CHANGES TO THE NEXT DAY... HOW SHOULD I DO THIS. SHOULD I LOG EVERYTHING I EAT ON THE SAME DAY OR SHOULD I JUST GO WITH THE TIMES??? FOR EXAMPLE TONIGHT WHEN I STARTED WORK IT WAS 6:30PM JULY 13, I LOGGED WHAT I ATE, NOW IM FIXING TO EAT AGAIN..AND ITS 12:30 AM JULY 14, SHOULD I GO BACK TO THE 13TH AND LOG MY FOOD OR SHOULD I LOG IT FOR THE 14TH??? PLEASEE HELPP ME!

... OTHER THAN THAT THIS NEW CHANGE HAS BEEN GREAT :))

Replies

• 501blues
    501blues Posts: 10
    Options
    I just log in for the actual day I eat. I start my time at midnight
  • satxtrap
    satxtrap Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I just log in for the actual day I eat. I start my time at midnight

Same here. I have my Friday breakfast on Thursday night at 10 PM, but I log it as a Friday meal. Helps keep me sane. :)

(oh, and caps lock translates to mean shouting here on the internet)
  • 140lbgoal
    140lbgoal Posts: 19
    Options
    I work 6pm-2:30am and I log my days food all on the same date. My breakfast is usually around 11am, lunch 4pm and dinner around 8pm. I don't eat after 8:30, even though I still work hard for another 6 hours. I do drink a lot of water though, sometimes sugar free flavor packet added and that keeps me satisfied, plus I too work at a hospital and I am always on my feet and sweating terribly doing my work. I need to stay hydrated. It is a good thing I work alone and wear comfortable scrubs...lol Last month I joined MFP and lost 24 pounds just doing this routine. I don't eat back my calories. I also don't count calories, I am doing low carb and it is the first time I have been able to lose weight. I gained 15 pounds before realizing I could not do a "Calorie Count Diet."
  • smimo
    smimo Posts: 34
    Options
    THANKS FOR ALL THESE TIPS :))
  • smimo
    smimo Posts: 34
    Options
    oh && sorry for my "shouting" @ work we have to CAP everything :) Habbit!