loosing weight FAST!

Options
so since i started working out and eating healthy about a month or two ago ive lost 14lbs. i need to loose about 30 more, and i want to loose it before the end of this year. do you guys have any suggestions to help me with this goal? and leave any food recepies if you have them. :)

Replies

• Lose_It_Leo
    Lose_It_Leo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Mini-Exercise:

1. While you wait for the kettle to boil do jumping jacks/star jumps
    2. Squat each time your brush your teeth
    3. Do 10 minute stretching exercises when you wake up
    4. When sitting, try and walk around for 5 minutes every 30 minutes (meant to reduce celulite; not sure how accurate that is but runs on the concept of maintaining circulation)

Food Snack:

1. Fage: Total Greek Yogurt
    - 1000 recipe ideas both sweet and savoury on their site (I personally have it with blueberries and pumpkin seeds)
    2. Nutty cereal: 100g of mixed nuts with a dash of almond milk (great for pre-exercise energy boost - note: slightly hgih cals)

Additional Suggestions:

1. Only eat when you are hungry (even if that means going for half the day with nothing; if your body needs food, it'll ask for it - i.e. when your belly is growling not when you have cravings from boredom, though if the craving is very specific, say for a fruit or a vegetable, obey your body, it's likely asking for the nutrients they contain.)
    2. Don't stop eating when you are full, stop when you are satisfied. If hungry again 20-30 minutes later, continue your meal until again, satisfied. (when I have a dessert I make the main smaller to prevent overeating).
    3. Drink as much water as you can, hydration is key!
    4. Suggestion: intermittent fasting has positive data (idea that there is an eating/non-eating period: current western is 12/12, suggests for womenn- 10/14) - not tried that myself but I do occasional (seasonal) 3-day water or juice fasts.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Heres what I did and what worked for me:
    Eating at deficit(1 pound a week or 500 calories)
    Eating smaller portions
    Eating most of my exercise calories back
    Doing Strength Training
    Doing Cardio

That is it.. nothing crazy.
  • BrianCrum
    BrianCrum Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 10 lbs relatively fast. Then it was slow and steady. Sometimes 2 steps forward and 1 step back. Just always always ALWAYS get back to the plan.1-2 lbs loss per week is ideal in my opinion. But keep the concept simple (diet/excercise) and do whatever it takes to make the healthy lifestyle a habit. In order for it to be a habit, it takes time/repetition.