Any Peeps in it For the Long Haul (100+ lbs to lose)?

Options
Hi folks,

My name is Lauren and I'm a foodaholic...

I'm 24, Irish, and living/working in the North East of Scotland. I've been overweight for as long as I can remember but things really got out of control when I left home at 18 and could eat what I liked, when I liked. Six years later, I'm a lot fatter and have a whole host of bad food habits. Hoping to break the cycle by using MFP.

I'm looking to add some peeps for mutual encouragement. I have a lot to lose, but I'm hoping that I can really stick to this and reach my goal weight by this time next year. If anyone is in a similar situation I'd love to hear from you and we can cheer each other on! Feel free to add me! :)

L x

Replies

• Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    could stand to lose 100 here, but im not going for that. Im determined to lose a few pounds a week.. and a total of about 75 pounds.

Check out my profile, and if im someone you might enjoy having on your friends list.. add me! =)
  • IronTitaness
    IronTitaness Posts: 117
    Options
    Hello :). I have to lose half of my current weight. I am sending you an invitation :).
  • samcorvus
    samcorvus Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Greetings,

There is actually a group for those who have 100 lbs. or more to lose. It's fairly popular and rather supporting. You should be able to find it by searching the groups page with the keyword 100 lbs. I joined it a week ago and the people in it have been fairly helpful.

S,
  • my3kidsrgr8
    Options
    I need to loose about 200 pounds. I've been using MFP since June 11 this year and have already lost 17 pounds. I'm looking for new friends too :) Add me please.
  • gourangagirl
    Options
    Hiya,

Looking to add any individuals of the same weight or age so we can compare progress and offer support.

I am 23 Years old living in Sheffield with my lovely partner Andrew......we are both foodaholics who love to try exciting new foods and try out new restaurants.

I am in it for the long haul....wanting to lose 3stone roughly. I know I can do this as Iv already lost 4.5stone over the past 4years and love the new lease of life I have now, however its time to push it to the next level.

Add me if you'd like to buddy up and support one another,
  • indyanna57
    indyanna57 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Lauren,

I am in the same boat as you - only I am now 54 years old. My goal is to lose around 135 lbs. I'm glad to see you are working at getting your weight under control while you are still young. The older you are the harder it is, but it is never too late to make positive changes. I am new to the MFP and would be pleased to have you has a friend and weight loss buddy. :smile:

Debbie (Indyanna57)
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Hi I have 200pounds to lose so I am here for the long haul. I will send you a friend request, its nice to meet another irish person here too
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Hi Lauren,

I am in the same boat as you - only I am now 54 years old. My goal is to lose around 135 lbs. I'm glad to see you are working at getting your weight under control while you are still young. The older you are the harder it is, but it is never too late to make positive changes. I am new to the MFP and would be pleased to have you has a friend and weight loss buddy. :smile:

Debbie (Indyanna57)

DITTO!