eat more. yay

who is under 5ft eats more to weigh less. Last few days ive been having 1650 cals a day and exercise cals on top! whos had good results??

Replies

• mhuch110
    mhuch110 Posts: 130 Member
    I'm looking forward to seeing the responses. I'm 4'11" and really struggle to eat more. I net a little over 1100 most days and just can't seem to get myself to eat more. I calculated 15% below my TDEE is under 1200 so it seems like I'm doing the right thing for me. I'm losing about a pound a week.....it's all very overwhelming to me!
  • GinnieC100
    GinnieC100 Posts: 48 Member
    I am not under 5' but I am 5'2". I finally saw a Trainer/Nutritionist who told me I am not eating enough to lose weight. He put me on a higher calorie goal with one cheat meal a week for the purpose of losing 1 1/2 lbs a week. I am right on target. I too am eating 1650 cal a day now. He got me out of the rut of eating the same thing over and over. He also told me to eat every two and a half hours, nothing after dinner. I really am satisfied and right now my night time snacking has stopped. I don't go to bed hungry. He is well worth the investment I am making.
  • I bumped myself to 1600 a day (total) and am still losing. I am 5'1".
  • audreygonzy
    audreygonzy Posts: 161 Member
    I had GREAT success on it! I got to a point where I was always hungry on my 1200 calories and day +exercise cals. I finally decided I needed to eat more (but also healthier!) I stopped counting and ate when I needed to and lost my last bit of weight to hit my ultimate goal weight:)

edit: I'm 5 foot!
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 811 Member
    Me! I've had great results. I'm 5'1"
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    I think some people our size can do the 1200 cals a day if they're not too active. I'm not one of those people. I tried that for a few weeks and absolutely hated it.

4'10" 103 pounds, I set myself to 1600... have lost 9 pounds but most importantly body fat since December. I have been maintaining and if anything losing just a little by creating a smallllll deficit. (No rush to lose anything!) I am training for a marathon so there is no way I'd eat anything less than I do. My daily intake varies from 1200 - 2400 depending on my activity level. I wear a FitBit so I eat accordingly.

Starving yourself sucks balls... :laugh: