Hello!

Options
Hi peeps :-)

In the last few weeks I have gained the motivation to start getting out of the rut I am in. I am overweight, I say it's the medication i take, which is definitely an influencing factor, but if the truth be known i am not the most active person these days. I use to walk everywhere when I lived in the city, but since getting married four years ago and moving to the quieter areas I don't tend to walk anywhere. Then I got sick for a month at the end of last year, and since then I have been in a bad rut, like I just stay inside all weekend and watch TV and sit on the computer.

So... I joined the gym where I work where I am going at least twice a week. I'm using the cross trainer and doing some weights, haven't checked out any classes yet.

I am definitely noticing some improvement around my thighs and bum but need to lose some inches off my tummy area which seems to be the most problematic area for me.

I hope to get to know some of you who are also on this journey.

Ciao

"Sherry Bobbins"

Replies

• noitall96
    noitall96 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    hello there and welcome

let me just say i love your name and pic. im a big fan of the simpsons. feel free to add me. your at the right site. this place will def help you. good luck :)
  • MissSherryBobbins
    Options
    Thanks Noitall :-)

I will add you in a minute.

Yes, I love the Simpsons too! I thought Sherry Bobbins would be an awesome fake name

x o
  • micheleh24
    micheleh24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You know the old saying, "progress not perfection". There are days I just don't feel like exercising and giving it the 100% I think I must commit to once I strap on my tennis shoes. The reality is, I don't have to and just getting out there and doing anything is better than the nothing I would other wise be doing. So if you haven't been feeling too motivated lately, that's ok. Your actions will change your mind, not the other way around. Good luck!!