low carb products

Options
miam4nia
miam4nia Posts: 137 Member
http://www.lowcarbmegastore.com/

i've recently found this website...and it just looks too good to be true, like you can have your cake and eat it too!
now, i've read that some people react the same to fake sugar as they do to real sugar so they have to avoid these low carb products....however i seem to handle fake sugars just fine...i will get headaches if i eat too much but that all seems worth it if i can have a guilt-free treat every once in a while.

i just wanted to know how low carb products have worked for people...especially people who regularly eat them...
carbquik sounds amazing and i just want to hear from people who have implemented these special foods into their everyday diets and what levels of success they have had with this.

Replies

• miam4nia
    Options
    bumppp
  • jbaran4
    jbaran4 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have been on a low carb, high protein diet for a few months with great results. Carbquik is good. It has an interesting texture, but it is overall a very good substitute. Quiona is good and there are also some canned black soy beans that do the trick. I'm a vegetarian so my choices can get limited, but my husband eats a lot od meat and finds burgers to be a good low carb item when we buy the low carb hamburger buns (8 net carbs).
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I've just done an order from there. I don't like sweetners and I miss my coffee so have ordered the vanilla syrup to put in there plus a couple of chocolate bars for my next tom.
    I've used soya flour to make a cake before very crumbly and nutty.
    One of my mfp friends uses carbquick alot.x
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options

i've recently found this website...and it just looks too good to be true, like you can have your cake and eat it too!
    now, i've read that some people react the same to fake sugar as they do to real sugar so they have to avoid these low carb products....however i seem to handle fake sugars just fine...i will get headaches if i eat too much but that all seems worth it if i can have a guilt-free treat every once in a while.

i just wanted to know how low carb products have worked for people...especially people who regularly eat them...
    carbquik sounds amazing and i just want to hear from people who have implemented these special foods into their everyday diets and what levels of success they have had with this.

I am going to shout my response.............

DITCH THE PRODUCTS AND EAT REAL FOOD.
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I love Carbquik! Makes great cheddar bisquits, waffles, scones, etc! Very good stuff!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i like netrition, but maybe that store is cheaper.?!

i can hope ;)
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    i like netrition, but maybe that store is cheaper.?!

i can hope ;)

Low carb megastore is a uk site, netrition only ships in the us.x
  • miam4nia
    Options
    so to the people who use these products regularly...do you still lose? and if you have experienced a high protein low carb diet before without these products do you lose as effectively?
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options

What she said. :)

ETA:
    I'm sorry, I must not have read your entire post because I didn't see the part where you were looking for people who actually use them. I've never used them. I'm just leery of them because of the reports where the products are tested and are shown not to be low carb at all. Good luck finding the balance that works for you. :smile:
  • miam4nia
    Options

yeah, i definitely used to feel that way. but on a high protein low carb diet i'm missing out on so many things that others around me are eating and these products seem to give me somewhat of a solution to it without the guilt that comes with actually eating the bad stuff. it's more convenient, i can have something similar to the textures of bread, pasta, crunch...all things that i miss.
    and for me personally, the more options i have, the longer i will be able to sustain this way of living until i reach my goal weight and slowly add carbs to my diet for maintenance :)