Vibram Five fingers...

Options
BackTatJIM
BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
Am looking into the Vibram five finger spyridon ls shoes. I need somthing good for hiking, climing, and really any outdoor activity, Anybody own any of the Vibram barefoot shoes or have any thought on them? I am starting to notice a few people are starting to wear them.

LINK : http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/Five-Fingers-SpyridonLS-Mens.htm

Replies

• HeatherDee92
    HeatherDee92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My best friends boyfriend bought them and he absolutely loves them!
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Ill be interested to see what people think Id like to buy a pair too.
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I have friends on both sides of the 5 fingers debate. On friend who does mostly classes, instructs and is a trainer almost never takes them off. Another friend who is an endurance trail runner despises them. I think it is too soon to tell if the minimalist movement is sound. I think it depends on what your doing. I do know that for mud runs and obstacle runs they make sense.
  • BackTatJIM
    Options
    well found a place online to buy a $120 pair for $93 and free shipping, hopefully the price will stick until I make up my mind, I have good gym shoes, but love to hike, rock climb, fish, bike and need something for all that outdoor stuff.. thanks for the responses
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    I have a pair and love them! They're fantastic.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Love mine!!!

2012-04-30_07-35-24_216.jpg

I wear the Regular KSO's but am looking to get the KSO Treks for Trail walks.. I don't like the looks of the Spyridon LS, but have a friend that really likes them.. I will probably go with the KSO Treks for my next pair for hikes but will always go back to my Reg. KSO's for the Gym and just out and about... Best of Luck...
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Be careful buying online, these are very hard to size...I tried twice to get a pair and both times the sizing was Wrong...I finally gave up
  • BackTatJIM
    Options
    Be careful buying online, these are very hard to size...I tried twice to get a pair and both times the sizing was Wrong...I finally gave up

thanks I am reading the return policy now
  • ptak1sm
    ptak1sm Posts: 172
    Options
    I have yet to buy into minimalist running, but my dad (an avid runner, runs trails regularly, has done a few ultras) loves his Vibrams. He owns several pairs. According to him, the trick is getting your stride right. He used to run heel-ball-toe, now he runs ball-toe-heel. He's nearly 60 and he claims they helped fix his hip problems.
  • BackTatJIM
    Options
    return policy looks good on the site I found a good deal on, so I guess I will try them out and will have 30 days to send back if they do not fit or I do not like them... thanks everyone
  • Lay821
    Lay821 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Am looking into the Vibram five finger spyridon ls shoes. I need somthing good for hiking, climing, and really any outdoor activity, Anybody own any of the Vibram barefoot shoes or have any thought on them? I am starting to notice a few people are starting to wear them.

LINK : http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/Five-Fingers-SpyridonLS-Mens.htm

bought a pair for My Husband who runs 5-7 miles a day and they fell apart almost 1 month to the date of purchase . So i guess it really depends on how much you plan on doing with them
  • BackTatJIM
    Options

bought a pair for My Husband who runs 5-7 miles a day and they fell apart almost 1 month to the date of purchase . So i guess it really depends on how much you plan on doing with them

wow thats no good, I asked my bro in law who wears them hiking and rock climbing a few times a week said he has never had a problem, I guess its worth a try, and thanks... i am a impulse buyer XD
  • Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Check out birthdayshoes.com (everything toe shoes)
    Comparisons: http://www.transitwonders.com/page0/files/vibram-model-comparisons.html

I have KSO's and Bikila LS's. I use both for running, everyday activities, and love them.
  • 99cherrypie99
    99cherrypie99 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I had a pair, but they were a little too flimsy for me. I have switched to another minimalist shoe - Fila Skeletoes. Same idea with a bit thicker sole. I use these for running and I also use them for hiking and climbing mountains.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend got some and loves them. I'd suggest getting them from an REI (that's where we got his) because their policy allows you to try the shoes out, like actually go out on a few runs with them, and you can still return them if they're not for you. Whereas (in my experience, anyway) most other stores allow you to return if they don't fit, but if they've been worn, you're stuck with them.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I've worn VFF for over 3 years as running shoes and could not be more pleased. Good luck!
  • sqwerly
    sqwerly Posts: 31
    Options
    I have the vibram five finger, and i love them. The trick is to start wearing them slowly and build up from there.
    A friend has a pair of the Merrel barefoot, which has a regular toe box and she loves those, she was grossed out by the toe ones.

Both shoes are super comfortable and we wear them for everything.