Ladies only

Options
Hello,

This is an awkward question to ask and if it offends anyone ill take it down if i can.

I have googled this and found information but wanted to ask some real women who are losing weight.
As Ive lost weight, i have lost a lot from my breasts, and im so worried that by the time i reach my goal they will have i don't have very large breasts as it is, and they seem to go away very quickly!!

I have bought vitamin E cream to try and keep my skin good, perhaps it can help them from becoming droopy, but im wondering if someone who has lost alot of weight, might feel comfortable talking about the affect that it had on their breasts?

Also if someone could comment on how to remove a topic if it is inappropriate to ask about such things.
thank you for your time.

Replies

• Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's inappropriate, it's a valid concern. I cannot answer this, as I have always had "D" boobs, I have heard they get smaller sometimes, but I honestly don't think any cream is going to prevent anything from drooping.
  • ediths6
    ediths6 Posts: 72
    Options
    I don't think it's inappropriate, it's a valid concern. I cannot answer this, as I have always had "D" boobs, I have heard they get smaller sometimes, but I honestly don't think any cream is going to prevent anything from drooping.

You are lucky! mine seem to go away! i am pear shaped and can get slim on top, having no breasts and able to see ribs (not cute) and still have a sizable bottom and limbs, it is very strange body type for a woman.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30 pounds and I don't think I lost much from my boobs.. I'm still a B Cup.

Do strength training chest exercises to help build up the the muscle in the chest, and make them look perkier.

As far as the lower half goes, squats, lunes and step ups will do wonders for that when combined with a calorie deficit.
  • jennielou75
    jennielou75 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 50 pounds and gone from a c cup to a b cup. Hopefully that is small enough!!
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I understand your concern... I have had my weight go up and down over the years 4kg up, 4kg down all the time. I once put on 10 kg and then lost it. I have a generous bust (12d-dd) and when i gain the first place I gain in my bust andd boy do they firm up. Then i lose and guess what.... thats where it comes off first. They do get softer of course, they are just sacks of fat so you will add and lose there as you add or lose weight. I would much rather have a little 'saggy' skin on my chest rather than the weight all over my body personally. and age is also a factor. The younger you are the more elasticity your skin has. I wouldn't worry about it too much, thats what bras are for :) you could try an anti aging collogen skin product you would use on your face on the area too. We use face creams and neglect the rest of our body, but if you made a habbit of it you would see some results!
  • popzork
    popzork Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    From what I know - breast tissue is just that. Some women gain a lot of fat in that area but the tissue itself is what it is. That also means that sometimes, that is the first fat to go, too.

I think most women, when the get to their goal weight, find that everything is balanced out. It just doesn't come off balanced to start with - make sense?
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest, a looong time ago, I used to be a D cup, which is A LOT on my 4'10" body. You can imagine how hard it was on my back.

Now I'm much lighter and my breasts are much more proportionate to my body. I hover around a B-C cup. I suffer from poor posture due to lugging them around for so long. I'm working on that. I've gained and lost weight here and there, and you can see it in the stretch marks on my breasts... that's where my skin stretches the most.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 10lbs so far and mine are already a bit smaller, but I think that all of the upper body workouts are keeping them...um...."perky". :blushing:
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have the huge boobs and am looking forward to when they shrink. (I am a 42G). I think the droopy boobs are unfortunately part of the weight loss. I have heard that anyone losing large amounts of weight can expect droopy boobs. I have heard that working the pectoral muscle and upper body helps, but I don't know. I bought a really good bra and that helps the most. I know that there will be some excess skin after my weight loss, and I think I will be getting a boob job along with the skin work if I am not happy after my weight loss.
  • geminitwin1979
    Options
    I have lost 60lbs and mine have gone from a dd to a c cup but have to say altho a worry at first, the rest of my lower half has caught up and i look in proportion now and they are facing in the right direction too now lol !! Your lower half will reduce and catch up x
  • Lillouns
    Lillouns Posts: 40 Member
    Options

You are lucky! mine seem to go away! i am pear shaped and can get slim on top, having no breasts and able to see ribs (not cute) and still have a sizable bottom and limbs, it is very strange body type for a woman.

Same here.. I was a really small A cup. I had a baby in October so I'm still a large C, but once I start loosing more weight, I'm pretty sure they're going to shrink. I have a very small upper body. Now, If I could keep my butt AND boobs when I loose weight, I'd be very happy.

But I don't think any cream is going to help. If you're small already, I don't think you'd have to worry about any drooping. I'm constantly wearing a bra now, so hopefully that will help!
  • dovek11
    dovek11 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Having lost a great amount of weight in my life before, let me assure you... they are not totally gone forever. Twice before I have lost a 50+ lbs. First, my face looked thin and saggy, then the chest..... then the tummy. I lost it from top to bottom.
    HOWEVER, when I maintained my weight loss... in about 4-6 months, the body fat remaining rearranged itself in my body, and my breasts came back to nearly what they were before I lost the weight. I was then well proportioned.

So, don't panic .... yet! LOL Be thankful for the loss of body fat that deflated them. When you hit your goal, and maintain, know that they will 'grow back'.

Congratulations on your loss!!!!!!!
  • silverkitten13
    Options
    ive lost 90lbs. i started out at a 42 DD and am now a 36C i think mine are way more saggy than they used to be (but that could also be from breastfeeding two kids) im willing to live with it cuz im pretty sure im really the only one that thinks they look bad and id rather be skinny with saggy parts than overweight!!
  • blair_bear
    blair_bear Posts: 165
    Options
    I lose there first too, I went from a D/C+ to a B/B+ and likely by the time I lose all the weight a B-/A+(which bites- because it was the only real benefit to being fat and now I still have fat but no boobs). I noticed when I was training at the gym doing chest, back and arms (light) the girls maintained good height and form. Also Mederma stretch mark cream is a little pricey but if you find the vita E not working, use Mederma it has worked wonders for every one of my friends who just had children.
  • ediths6
    Options
    haha it is nice that the booty stays for buying jeans :) congratulations on your baby :)
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I will tell you what my mother likes to tell me constantly...

Pear shaped women (I, like you, am pear shaped) shrink from the top down. So you will likely see it in your face first, then move down to your boobies, then hips, then thighs. This has TOTALLY happened to me! For the longest time my tummy/hips/thighs weren't moving, but my ribcage and bust was. My chest has now stopped moving, but the bottom half is getting smaller.

I realize this may seem like a completely silly concept, and a generalization, but who knows, it could be true for you, too!

The point about the breast tissue seems valid, too.
  • orlysmum
    orlysmum Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost 120 pounds, my boobs were still in propertion to the rest of me,only they were at my waist, they were awaful, so so much loose skin, I had surgery at the same time as lump removal and I just cant tell you the differance, it is truly amazing.
  • ediths6
    Options
    thank you!! awesome news that that can happen :)
    your lucky to lose in your face first! i have the roundest face! :)
  • mtaylor1980
    mtaylor1980 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My boobs are the first thing to shrink when I start losing weight. When I was in the high 160's-180, I was a bigger C. I was actually probably a D, but my boobs looked great shoved into a C bra (lol) Now that I am in the 150's, my boobs are small again.I actually noticed last night how tiny they look. I still have around 30 lbs to lose, so I am really scared to see how much smaller they get.I'm not saggy yet, at least I don't think I am....I'm not sure if that is because of certain exercises that I do or what. I used to have trouble fitting into things because of my big rack, now I can't fill it out :-( Thankfully there is Victorias Secret Miraculous!!! But anyway, there are exercises that help with the perkiness and all, so don't fret!!!!
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    oopes, posted twice... :S