What is a good breakfast that keeps you feeling full!

Options
I have tried several different breakfast combinations to help myself feel full at least until lunch, but I have not mastered this quest. Is there anyone out there that has any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt the 14 grams of protein keeps me full
  • Duelltolose
    Duelltolose Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with Peanut Butter is all I need to keep me full in the morning. They say you should have a HUGE breakfast, then a smaller lunch and even smaller dinner. But I'm never hungry for breakfast, so just that keeps me full ;)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    If you like eggs they will help or some other kind of protein. I use egg whites and make an omelet with cheese.
  • AliceKlaar
    AliceKlaar Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I quite often have 2 boiled eggs and a slice of wholewheat toast with 10g real butter. Less than 300 calories and keeps me going all morning.
  • mindis2596
    Options
    This works for me - I'm able to make it from 7:30 until noon - 1/3 cup oatmeal with flaxseed, cinnamin & blueberries, 1/2 apple with cinnamin & 1/2 ezekiel bread with peanut butter.
  • Rusjo
    Rusjo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I usually eat oatmeal for breakfast, and I love it. Not only does it make me feel full, it stabilizes my stomach, which I find is easily irritated.
  • kat5556
    kat5556 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have tried several different breakfast combinations to help myself feel full at least until lunch, but I have not mastered this quest. Is there anyone out there that has any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

You should be eating a snack in between breakfast and lunch, something healthy with some protein and a complex carb like a piece of fruit and a cheese stick or a few whole grain crackers with some peanut or almond butter. Same thing between lunch and dinner.
  • 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options
    I tend to eat whatever, whenever. So this doesn't seem like breakfast food, but what keeps me full until snack/lunch is: 1/2 or 1 cup cooked brown rice, sauteed in a little butter with 1 cup of spinach and 1/2 of an avocado.

It's my favorite. I like keeping cooked brown rice on hand. It makes a quick fab meal with whatever is available. :)
  • TinyTexn59
    TinyTexn59 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    This is so easy to throw together and leave in the fridge. It is called overnight oats. 1/4 cup old fashioned oats, 1 1/2 teaspoons chia seeds, 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 1/3 cup of almond milk, 6 drops of vanilla flavored stevia, 1/2 cup of fresh fruit. Mix together in a pint jar with a screw top lid. Stir well so all the seeds get mixed in. Put in fridge overnight. Grab and go in the morning.

I sometimes will add 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, or chocolate chips, or nuts or other things that go well with my fruit.

I make six jars up at a time so my breakfast is ready and waiting and then on Sunday I have breakfast out as a treat!
  • Elmorewoman
    Options
    Regular Old Fashion Oats - not instant - add fresh fruit, honey or maple syrup for flavor. You can make up a big batch for the week & just heat up in the morning.
  • ediths6
    ediths6 Posts: 72
    Options
    i find cottage cheese on whole grain toast with tomato and pepper very filling!
    also hot green tea if snackish but not truly hungry
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Beer and Bacon!
  • Kona2014
    Kona2014 Posts: 38
    Options
    40g Shreddies with skimmed milk then a toasted english muffin with jam - I'm hungriest in the morning and this keeps me going to lunch without snacking.