@*#^!!!! Gas prices

Options

Replies

• iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Wow! I thought 3.45 was bad. Maybe I should stop complaining!

Anyone wondered why none of the presidential candidates are really talking about gas prices?? They have all talked about the mortgage crisis, health care, but they've only touched on gas prices...I don't get it!

You mean you haven't heard Hillary's solution on this? It's rediculious and not something that she can do anyway... and even if she did then it would only fall back onto us the way she wants to do it. And we would only be saving a pittance.

And Obama has brought up the Bio fuel thing but then they are saying that it will drive food prices up if they do that.

I'm in Michigan too.... it was 3.66 when I came to work... great... and I think I need gas LOL

Ditto! The Gas Tax Break is NOT the answer!
  • ligytha
    ligytha Posts: 130
    Options
    Wow! I thought 3.45 was bad. Maybe I should stop complaining!

Anyone wondered why none of the presidential candidates are really talking about gas prices?? They have all talked about the mortgage crisis, health care, but they've only touched on gas prices...I don't get it!

You mean you haven't heard Hillary's solution on this? It's rediculious and not something that she can do anyway... and even if she did then it would only fall back onto us the way she wants to do it. And we would only be saving a pittance.

And Obama has brought up the Bio fuel thing but then they are saying that it will drive food prices up if they do that.

I'm in Michigan too.... it was 3.66 when I came to work... great... and I think I need gas LOL

Ditto! The Gas Tax Break is NOT the answer!

I can't agree more!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I agree...that money we'd be saving on gas would have to be made up somewhere.
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Gas prices are WILD :grumble: in my part of Texas $ 3.55 :frown:
  • jamie77
    jamie77 Posts: 101
    Options
    I agree, the tax break is not the answer. I don't think this rebate stimulous going on now is the answer either, having the deficit we have (billions). I think people are glad to be getting a check (including myself), but have we thought about where we are going to have to pay that back? Somewhere, somehow, we will ending up paying it back.:grumble:
  • greekgyrl02
    greekgyrl02 Posts: 123
    Options
    Its honestly going to get to the point where we are working just to drive to work...People are not going to want to go to work just to afford the gas to get there. I pay 50 a week to fill up my tank and am looking for a scooter to buy...its outrageous...these oil tycoons and politicians get millions of billions while we struggle to have money to get around! America is going to fall into a depression soon thats just my take on it...The cost of living is rising rapidly but our paychecks are not....
  • foxfire9372
    foxfire9372 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes and yes again. Supply and demand have got us all by the !!!!. How many have you have gotten the email that if you frequent the lowest price you will force gas prices down? Yeah, that came out when gas hit $2/gallon. It really worked. I am the real evil person who thinks a whole lot about all the different social engineering crap are taxes pay for while we are still paying out the nose to support them. Don't hear any rep or Senator saying that he will take a cut in salary to help out or change their spending habits.
  • sportsmomof2
    sportsmomof2 Posts: 136
    Options
    I will let the politic portion go...cant make friends talking politics...:wink:

However, Nebraska has $3.69 a gallon.. CRAZY... I remember back in the day I was in high school and I was pissed when it moved from 99 to 1.01...lol

I would give anything for that now!!!
  • melissa73
    melissa73 Posts: 368
    Options
    The gas here in North California is 3.99 gal. My daughter just got back from Disneyland with her high school marching band and she said that it was 4.30gal down south. OMG :explode:
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Northern Ontario Canada - Gas today - Self Serve 129.9 a litre (about 4 litres to US gallon)
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I am absolutely positively in no way arguing with any of this - I agree with all of you and am feeling to pain too. I took Greyhound last weekend to visit my family! It was $40 RT vs. $70 to fill my tank and that doesn't even count the toll money I saved!

BUT - how many of us are changing our lifestyles - i.e. carpooling, riding bikes, public transportation. We are a society of convenience and for that we are paying the price.

I have a ton of people I could carpool with, but it would mean adjusting my schedule and my kids schedule to do it. AND we are so dependent on our cars - I honestly get hives thinking about not having my car to come and go as I please...
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    I am absolutely positively in no way arguing with any of this - I agree with all of you and am feeling to pain too. I took Greyhound last weekend to visit my family! It was $40 RT vs. $70 to fill my tank and that doesn't even count the toll money I saved!

BUT - how many of us are changing our lifestyles - i.e. carpooling, riding bikes, public transportation. We are a society of convenience and for that we are paying the price.

I have a ton of people I could carpool with, but it would mean adjusting my schedule and my kids schedule to do it. AND we are so dependent on our cars - I honestly get hives thinking about not having my car to come and go as I please...
    i wish wholeheartedly that i could carpool to my job!! I've got no one to ride with... i ALMOST wish i had a motorcycle!
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I watched Glenn Beck on CNN and he had the answer. We have enough coal to create

oil for 200 years. It is how Germany produce oil during WWII and is exactly what South

Africa is doing now. In the 1980's they started researching and producing the oil but then

OPEC lowered the price per barrel from $38 to about $8 to stop and they did. Go to

CNN.com and read the shows transcripts yourself.
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    these oil tycoons and politicians get millions of billions while we struggle to have money to get around! America is going to fall into a depression soon thats just my take on it...The cost of living is rising rapidly but our paychecks are not....

I hate to say it, but I agree with you completely. :sad:
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options

I agree that we have taken our cars and our fuel for granted. But, I don't live where there's public transportation. A lot of people don't have access to buses and commuter trains. I wish that I did. It would definitely be better on my bank account....
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options

I agree, I have started walking or riding my bike to stores that are less than 2 miles away. Sure, it takes me a bunch of time round trip and there isn't sidewalk the whole way, but I am burning plenty of calories!

My hubby complains about gas prices, but we are still driving to visit his parents almost 2 hours away, he drives to work even though he could bike (even though it would take him awhile) and there are plenty of other examples. People were complaining on the radio that gas prices are so high, and they couldn't avoid it because they drive to a different city to work. Well, then you can't work so far away from where you live, or live so far from where you work! I know that is a simplified answer, but I am just saying that we don't want to change our habits--myself included!!
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I live in Maryland in the gas here is $3.70 , I can't take it anymore . and I have a 4 cylinder Toyota Camry .

Gas is 3.70 in MD? I'm moving to Maryland, noes!!!! It's 3.50 in Vegas, not looking forward to paying for gas there :(

Luckily, I don't have a car yet but when I do it's going to hurt.
  • DaniUSA
    DaniUSA Posts: 74
    Options
    Stop complaining, in Europe, more clear in Germany its 9$ a Gallon.

So take public transportation and bike and dont complain!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I guess lucky me. I'm too poor to own a car. The metro bus is my best friend. :ohwell:
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    Stop complaining, in Europe, more clear in Germany its 9$ a Gallon.

So take public transportation and bike and dont complain!

i think its clear that its ridiculous everywhere, no matter what the difference in price is!
    Now if only it were feasible to ride a bicycle 45 miles to work each morning... i would do it if it were! Until then, My Oldsmobile will have to suffice.