Counting calories on your rest day?

Options
Question When I joint my fitnesspal they suggest my intake of calories should 1200, but now I been jogging for the last 3 week, they increase my calories to 1900. My question is: the days that I dont work out (my rest day) do I go back to my minimum calories at 1200 or do I stay at 1900?

Replies

• fay_pigu
    fay_pigu Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    What about 1800 each day? That way you don't have to have an odd day of eating.

Edit: when I say odd, I just mean different to the rest of your week.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Figure out how many calories you would like to net each day, days you run eat back the calories, days you don't run just eat regular.
  • Annick2
    Annick2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    thank you guy! counting the calories is all new to me and it's driving me crazy! It was really difficul on the week end to only eat 1200 calories I was always so hungry but cutting down 1800 every day week that I can do :)! Thank you
  • Pilotgirl86
    Options
    The way to think about it is this:

1200 calories is the minimum that you need to eat everyday (if you want weight loss).
    If you exercise, do 1200 + calories burned from exercise.
    If you don't exercise, 1200 is still the minimum, however you can add more, but your weight loss will likely be slower.

We have to burn an "extra" 3500 calories or so to lose 1lb, so if you eat more calories on days you don't work out, you won't be getting as close to that extra 3500 calories used up to lose weight.

Just curious, but when you jog do you actually burn 700 calories? If not, you likely won't notice any weight loss, even though you are getting healthier. Counting calories can be tricky, especially if you are not familiar with it, so let me know if you have any questions!!
  • pdizzletaylor
    pdizzletaylor Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i kept at the higher calorie goal and in one week one day of rest i gained a pound so i went back down to my lower goal weight so just from experience im going to stay at the lower rate all the time . cause if im not burning it its just gonna turn into weight. so definately up to you thats just what works for me i gain so easily!! good luck !! you can do this!!!