Becoming a better version of me!!

I've been struggling with the weight issue most of my life and honestly it never really bothered me. I'm happy with the way I am, but recently something changed. When shopping with my mom and sister it dawned on me that I can never walk into a clothing store and find what I like in my size and that's the part that hurts.

So... I've decided to invest in becoming a better version of me!! The deadline I've set to reach my goal weight is December 31st, 2012. If anyone would like to join me on my journey or just lend some support and encouragement It will be amazing.

Best of Luck to everyone

Replies

• KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Intentional Shinedown quote?
  • ocukor1
    ocukor1 Posts: 66
    Good decision, and good luck.
  • Trice367
    Trice367 Posts: 7 Member
    Hello My name is Latrice I too have started a journey of a better & healthier me. I showed enrolled in Jan 2012, but have taken a five month leave due to a death in my family. I am now back and ready. My church as a body is on a 90 day journey to fitness. I currently am trying to lose 66 lbs between now and my college graduation date of Dec 15 2012.
    I would loved to be motivated partners and encouraged one another. You now have a friend on your journey. :flowerforyou:
  • Nadzy23
    Nadzy23 Posts: 3
    I just googled "shinedown quote" and no not intentional, it just came to me when I started on this path a couple of days ago. Fundamentally, I see it as not changing me but 'improving myself'
  • I'm looking for a "better version of me" as well. I have always been active, but never to the point that it kept me fit. Most of my activity has been fighting fire and framing houses. When I hunt I usually hike in and pack out. Problem is I'm still a chubby kid. I'm glad to see there are a bunch of people like me looking for a change, and to be honest don't we all want to look hot in our photos? That's what I'm looking for (and being more healthy as a side effect). I want to do this right and want to meet new people with the same desire. Hope we can help each other