New to MFP, looking for cyclist friends!

Options
Hello!
I am new to MFP and fairly new to cycling. I have been at it for a few years now, but this is the first year that my minimum biking distance is around 20 miles per ride. I am usually out riding 34 times a week.

I can see and feel my lower body getting leaner and stronger, but those darn abs! I am staying the same weight, but clothes are fitting better. I seems to be building up some disturbing abdominal fat and I don't like it!!!

Just wondering if this is happening to anyone else, I know that I most likely have to start doing some serious planks!!

:smile:

Edit: I see it says I joined in 2010.....I ended up doing Weight Watchers instead.

Replies

• jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I am impressed that you ride 34 times per week!!

I still have plenty of abdominal fat, but do ride each week.
  • ret1rement
    Options
    I have been on MFP for one year and have lost 70lbs - i always did a lot of exercise as i am a Fitnerss Instructor but defi9netely look better at 110lbs then i did at 180lbs LOL!!!!!!

Anyway my husband (who was not into fitness at all) and myself have been cycling seriously for a year. We started last January in Florida (there for the winter) doing longer rides and did one ride of 40 miles, was really hard but we succeeded. We usually ride every day once in morning and once in the evening, around 15 miles per ride. My husbnand has seen great results from this and has lost about 45lbs.

Feel free to friend me - and yes serious planks for those abs hehehe
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I've just started cycling again too. I traded my hybrid for a road bike and hated it at first... having a gut doesn't help in a road bike position! But losing 50 lbs and finally bonding with my bike, I'm loving riding again. Love pushing myself to go further and faster. My goal is to complete a 2-day 150 mile bike ride from Houston to Austin next spring. So far the furthest I've ridden is 40 miles... I definitely could use some cycling motivation and training tips and buddies. Add me if you'd like!
  • divadot
    divadot Posts: 11
    Options
    I also have a hybrid and my husband has a road bike. He is trying to get me to get one too, but right now I am afraid of them!! So you are liking yours now??
  • divadot
    Options
    I think that Total Gym in my basement needs to be dusted off!! Thanks for your two cents, appreciate it, sometimes we just need people to tell us what we already know!! :)
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I have a BEAUTIFUL black and pink Specialized Ruby Comp sitting in my garage just BEGGING to be ridden. I recently took up running, but I love cycling, too. I just hate the 'butt break in' period, lol. Today, I plan to go down and get on the stationary bike for about 1/2 an hour to start working on those muscles. Feel free to add me!
  • deliamig
    deliamig Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello,

I'm into cycling as well. I try to ride every second day after work for 15 miles, more at the weekends. It has shaped my body in a different way and it's fun. I love my bike. You can add me as a friend. Would love to exchange stories.

Have fun!
  • divadot
    Options
    Jealous, I love the Ruby!!!!! I may get it one of these days.....
  • divadot
    Options
    LOL JCMartin, I ride 3-4 times a week, not 34....that would be pretty impressive, wouldn't it!! :)
  • girlonabikedc
    girlonabikedc Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I love riding my bike.

I have a fun cruiser bike for cruising around the city, and I have a touring bike for longer distances. I also ride a bike for a living.

You'd think all that cycling would = weight loss, right? Not if you keep riding it to the bar/restaurant/coffee shop, ha! I ride more for the mental benefits rather than physical (although I will say my legs are damn sexy).

Feel free to add me, if you like.
  • divadot
    Options
    kissybiz, why did you hate your road bike at first? I am thinking of switching from hybrid to road bike .....
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I have a BEAUTIFUL black and pink Specialized Ruby Comp sitting in my garage just BEGGING to be ridden. I recently took up running, but I love cycling, too. I just hate the 'butt break in' period, lol. Today, I plan to go down and get on the stationary bike for about 1/2 an hour to start working on those muscles. Feel free to add me!

I just ordered the same bike! Can't wait to try it, hope you love it!