Heelless Wedges - For the girlies

Options
paint_it_black
paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
Hello lovelies

Does anyone here own a pair of heelless shoes, and/or have you ever tried to walk in them. I am craving a pair but would like to know if they are a broken leg waiting to happen.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-kAzM7DzbFaI/T8Y7Vi8Z4fI/AAAAAAAAACg/Y7WWCVht2OU/s1600/Heel+less.JPG

for those who are wondering wtf i am on about

Replies

• 1969ned
    1969ned Posts: 219
    Options
    my daughter has them! ive tried them on and they are surprisingly comfortable but you do tend to forget there is no heel and cant help falling back slightly on your heels. After a few drinks it may well be an accident waiting to happen!! But I love them, if only i was 20 years younger (sigh :grumble: )
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I struggle in heels normally, OMG I would be on my *kitten* if i tried to waer them lol...
  • nikkitodhunter
    Options
    They look like they'd take a LOT of practice to walk in, I imagine you'd end up trying to walk normally on the heel and forget! And because of that I can't possibly imagine anyone walks very gracefully in them, having to do little horsey steps rather than that natural heel-toe, heel-toe motion :S
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Interesting but not for me. If they work for you then go for it.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i think they are ugly as fsck so i wouldn't wear them.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    That is a crazy lookin' shoe! I'm sure my daughter will be begging me for a pair. She's only 14, so that would be a big N.O.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Goodness the picture alone scares me!!! :noway:

With the achilles problems I have, well, NEVER. :laugh:

If they work for you though, go for it!
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Honestly wouldn't even try them. I've got enough balance issues already :laugh:
  • peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I don't wear heels at all, so I'm probably not the one to answer but those not only look like a broken leg waiting to happen, they also look like horse's hooves.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    They look fantastic. I have not tried but my understanding is that there is actually support at the back due to the construction of the sole. I am not sure how it would feel though - you should try a pair on in a store to get a feel for them.
  • Givingitagdgo
    Options
    Am also craving-they may be my 50lb treat, lol. Figure if I wear em and siffer no injury then fab and if break my leg then at least itll be harder to get to the fridge... ;)
  • ahsats
    ahsats Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I wear really high heels normally and own a pair. They're definitely for an event that you stay seated most of the time because you have to tip toe non-stop.

I have a total shoe fetish - especially for Jeffrey Campbell - so its always worth the pain to me. YMMV.
  • queenofgrey
    queenofgrey Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    they are incredibly hard to walk in, if you're an amateur heel-wearer. otherwise, they're just like any other hiiigh heel. and dear god, those are gorgeous. my favorites, however, are kermit tesoro's heelless fringe.
  • ahsats
    ahsats Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    They look fantastic. I have not tried but my understanding is that there is actually support at the back due to the construction of the sole. I am not sure how it would feel though - you should try a pair on in a store to get a feel for them.

Yeah there is sort of support but I've never felt comfortable putting my entire weight back. It might just be in my head though but I don't think I can break through haha.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    those would scare the fat right off my *kitten*!
  • greatday55
    Options
    I'm going to be the mother of the groom in October; have the dress and bought the shoes; now terrified to wear...not really that low, scared I will fall and not only be embarrassed but end up in the hospital on the most important day of Ben's life...
    Looked at David's bridal and found some pretty ballerina/really low heeled type shoes. Good selection.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Yeah there is sort of support but I've never felt comfortable putting my entire weight back. It might just be in my head though but I don't think I can break through haha.

They would definately give your calves a workout though!! :wink:
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    All I know is that they would be an accident waiting to happen if they were to make it to my feet!
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I would topple over in those things faster than you could say "topple over"!
  • tundeke
    tundeke Posts: 80
    Options
    I must say they are very fashionable and they are gourgeous but it is accident waiting to happen. My friend has them, i tried them on and my calf were just trembling! Also you might loos your balance with them. Other than that you tend to learn how to walk in them if you preactice a bit :wink: