Shy girl speaks!

Options
morningmud
morningmud Posts: 477 Member
I've been here a few months but have not participated in the forums due to my social anxiety. I had lost 40 lbs a while back but quit smoking 5 years ago and gained it all back and added even more. My anxiety was always a problem at the gym and got worse as I gained weight. I have now found a 24-hour girls-only gym that I feel far more comfortable with and am actually making some progress. I would love to make some friends in this process.

Replies

• thejonperry
    Options
    Welcome to the group. Jump in the water is great! I'll be your friend if you'd like.
  • Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Hello! This is a great place to get over shyness and just be yourself! Friend request sent!
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    As someone who has anxiety problems and ocd, I know its hard. There have times Ive stop coming to the gym, not because Im scared to be seen, but because I just get anxity over anything! But now a days Im feeling better and working out and its great! Glad to see you didnt let it stop you!! Keep it up!
  • ettezus
    ettezus Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm glad to hear that despite your setbacks, you're pushing forward. Keep it up! Sending a friend request :)
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I have major anxiety issues too, it stinks! Feel free to add me though, most people on this site are great :)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Hi, there !

Make sure you log in all your exercise & meals (every little bite) ...... this is your life ..... through trial & error, figure out what works for you ..... it will take time, but have fun along the way !

(And remember ....... no one's perfect ..... even those that think they are LOL)

Friend me if you'd like ...... the more, the merrier :drinker: