Losing weight but not inches?!

Options
How is this possible?

I started tracking my inches two weeks ago, and I measured today and they aren't any different. I'm sure i'm measuring in the same places, and even my clothes are looser than they used to be.

Replies

• sesmarks
    sesmarks Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It can be really hard to get accurate measurements of yourself! And it could also be totally possible that you're losing in spots that you aren't measuring. Try doing measurements once a month, and maybe even get someone to help you measure (take notes on exactly where you measure), and I'm sure you'll see a difference!
  • NannersBalletLegs
    NannersBalletLegs Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You might be losing weight in some funny places. I was surprised to see how much face and back fat came off of me the first few weeks. It wasn't even an area that I cared about or was paying attention to either, because I was more worried about my muffin top! The love handles finally started to budge, but not until I had lost a lot more upper body fat (where I wasn't even really all that fat, hmph). Measure everywhere if you really wanna see where it's coming from! Also, take regular pics.
  • pavingnewpaths
    pavingnewpaths Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I suppose that makes sense. I'm going to wait another month and see if there are differences between my first measurement.
    It's just frustrating to lose twenty pounds and not see any measurable difference, you know? The only reason it isn't bothering me much is because my first measurement was two weeks ago as opposed to two months ago when i first started trying to lose weight.

Thank you guys :)
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Depending on how a person eats compared to their activities, can effect whether they lose fat or lean muscle. This is what I have read. I think it is something worth looking into for the sake of our good health and to find how to effectively use foods as fuel to build muscle as well as make our other organs function properly and bankrupt the Fat Stores:wink:

denise:drinker: PS also letting us see your diary can help us know how to give you pointers if you need them. Lots of people here that have succeeded and they are so willing to help you along the way, keep posting:) I am new pretty much in the research and trial mode;)

How is this possible?

I started tracking my inches two weeks ago, and I measured today and they aren't any different. I'm sure i'm measuring in the same places, and even my clothes are looser than they used to be.
  • Kalraii
    Kalraii Posts: 89
    Options
    My first thought - you might be losing muscle? I am not an expert but I have heard from the mouth of my instructor and various professionals that if you don't diet or exercise a certain way you can end up hurting your efforts by losing muscle instead of body fat. Muscle weighs more than fat so might explain the amazing loss but not the inches. I would definitely look into it there are many in depth resources on the internet and plenty of professionals hanging around. I am personally going to try and concentrate on gaining some muscle and monitoring my inches additional to the scale so high five to that! I'm glad you have been monitoring your own you would have never found this out if it's true. Best of luck and keep us updated once you know! :)