HRM recommendation??

I want to be able to track calories burned more precisely than the tools on here. Does anyone have any recommendations? Between $50-$150

Thank you!

Replies

• Beleg
    Beleg Posts: 227 Member
    fitbit
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    There are alot of threads on this topic. You can do a search on them to get the answers you're looking for.
  • The Polar FT40, check it out at Amazon.com.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Garmin HRM using Firstbeat algorithms for most accuracy, and fun with stat's if you get into that. And training options if you think you might get into wanting to perform better eventually.

The have some jogging watches without GPS so they are cheaper.

http://www.firstbeat.fi/consumers/heart-rate-monitors/garmin-heart-rate-monitors
  • faithchange
    faithchange Posts: 311 Member
    I purchased a New Balance N4 for $60. It has a strap and I am getting along with it. I didn't want to spend much more, cause I'm a penny pincher. Do get a strap HRM because it seems to pick up things better. Also, just get a HRM based on your own needs the more expensive ones are more tech for more things. Depends on your needs.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    The Polar FT40, check it out at Amazon.com.

i think Ft4 - got mine for $85 on amazon
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Bump..To remember later!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    fitbit

FItbit is not an HRM and there for does not apply to this question. If OP wanted something to track all day, then I would suggest a fitbit.

To OP:
    I've used both a Polar FT7 and FT60.. and I love both.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    If you are concerned about accuracy, I would make sure that it includes a chest strap. Even these aren't 100%, but all of the other products are just guessing.
  • amyowens08
    amyowens08 Posts: 107 Member
    Polar FT4 absolutely
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Whatever you go with, compare the prices on www.bodytronics.com using the code POPO gets you 5% off.

I use a Polar FT4, and BodyMedia FIT Link. The FIT Link isn't an hrm, but measures what you burn 24/7 minus time spent in water. I got that one brand new in the box on eBay for less than half the retail price.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    I just got a Polar FT7. I was also looking at the FT40 but it was sold out so my choice was easy. I LOVE it, it's so motivating to see when I'm giving it everything I've got, or when I want to quit but I can see that I'm not really working as hard as my mind insists.

Plus it's nice to check the workout log when I feel guilty about eating something.
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    I got a Polar FT7 for $69 on www.heartratemonitorsusa.com and free shipping. Used an 8% coupon code i found online.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    I'm putting my vote in for Polar. I have a Polar FT7 and LOVE it :)
  • The Polar FT4 is nice.

I think it's Polar's least-expensive HRM with a replaceable battery in the chest strap. The FT4 retails for $99, but Drugstore.com has them for $75 shipped, and there's a further $10 off coupon via RetailMeNot, pushing the price down to $65.
  • carinnaj
    carinnaj Posts: 149
    bump
  • I use a Pro-Form TX 300 from Wally World, and it does the job just fine. I bought it for 38 bucks, it comes with a chest strap and even though it does track calorie burn I just take the average heart rate it records for the workout and use the calculator on Shapesense.com to figure calories burned. So far so good, with this site and the HRM I've lost about 50 lbs since April 18th, 2012. Good Luck!
  • sgstarling
    sgstarling Posts: 10 Member
    If you have an iPhone 4s, consider the Wahoo Blue for $80

It works with lots of apps, has its own app too. I love mine!

http://www.wahoofitness.com/Products/Wahoo-Fitness-Wahoo-Blue-HR-Heart-Rate-Strap-for-iPhone-4S.asp
  • Beleg
    Beleg Posts: 227 Member
    Sorry I should have read the post better.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,412 Member
    I got a Polar FT7 for $69 on www.heartratemonitorsusa.com and free shipping. Used an 8% coupon code i found online.

I bought mine from here a few months ago and love it!