25 lbs in 3 months?

Options
Hello,

I'm
Getting married mid October and would ideally like to lose 25 lbs before then. At the moment I eat up to 1'200 cals a day and do 300-400 of burn in exersize. I have one day off a week, where I eat up to 1'500 and no exersize. What I really would like to know is if anyone has a similar goal and if anyone who does have similar has any tips? It's working at about 2.5lbs a week at the moment but I can easy see it'll slow down. Or does it come to a point that the body loses weight a bit faster?

Replies

• janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I think you have a very reasonable goal and lots of motivation. Congratulations on the wedding! IMO, you should eat back your exercise calories. That would had quite a bit for you. Make sure your calories are all as clean as you can get. Eat lots of protein. Without eating back your exercise calories, you will probably lose faster at first, but it may get harder later. Slow and steady wins the race. 2.5 pounds a week is a maximum. If you lose much faster than that, you will gain back really quickly with any slippages. And you want to be able to relax on your honeymoon without worrying about gaining ten pounds!

Best of luck~!
  • pandelka
    pandelka Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the wedding. I also think that your goal is reasonable. For 2 months and 20 days I've lost 20lbs with 1200cals/day diet (lots of protein and veggies) and 3-4 exercises a week (200-300cals each) with eating back my calories. So I also loose 2.5 pounds/week. But I have to mention that I have another 35 lbs to loose. If you're persistent then you will succeed. Wish you luck!
  • Rachellaura1986
    Options
    Thanks for both of your helpful and motivational comments, it's so great to hear that it can work - as it keeps me going. Fantastic tips and good luck to both of you for your weight loss goals :)
  • dorite7
    dorite7 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I lost 45 lbs in 3 months a few years back in a weight loss challenge. I used Herbalife....supplements and protein shakes. And I followed a 1100 cal, 90 grams of protein a day diet too....and drank half my body weight (in oz) of water. No slowing down.....and I really didn't even exercise either!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'll be the stick in the mud and say it's a bit of a stretch.

Losing 25 pounds in three months is a fine goal... if you have about 50 pounds or more to lose. 25 pounds in three months is a little out of reach if you only have about 25-30 pounds to lose.

Plus, if you aim for an appropriate goal, like one pound a week, fueling your body properly with nutritious foods and adequate protein, plus regular exercise including strength training... you might only lose about 15 pounds, but those 15 pounds might LOOK like more than if you'd crash-dieted and lost the full 25. Strive to lose too much too fast, and you're going to lose lean muscle mass. Keep as much of your lean muscle mass as you can and you won't have to lose as many pounds to achieve the same size.
  • Plentiful_Tentacles
    Options
    You said you can see the progress slowing down, so it probably means you have to decrease your daily calorie intake. You can't expect to lose weight and eat the same amount of food as you were x amount of lbs ago. So just slowly drop more calories or increase your cardio intensity a little bit week by week and hopefully you'll reach your goals! Losing 2.5 lbs a week though is quite the accomplishment. Congrats on the wedding!! :)