Super Slow Weightloss..... what is wrong?

Options
Hi all,

I've been a MFP member since October 2011 but really only started to take this seriously at the start of April this year. Now in between 1st April and today (14th July) I have lost 17lbs and I've done amazingly well I know. I started at 168lbs......I'm now 151lbs. My goal weight is 140lbs so I have 11lbs to go.

My problem lies in the fact that over the past month I have lost a measly 1/2lb per fortnight/two weeks and sometimes this number doesn't even move. I'm getting quite disheartened by it all. I have great MFP friends who all give me the world of advice.

I eat 1200 calories, I try to exercise daily (sometimes its hard as I'm a single full time working mum with a 5 year old daughter), I'm doing 30DS, I run, I walk the dog, I swim, I go the gym, I eat breakfast, mid morning, lunch, mid afternoon snack and dinner.

I really want to see results to make myself feel better about myself, I'm not doing this for anyone else.

Please please please can someone help as I know 1/2 lb is a loss but as soon as I have an off day its back on again.

Thank you
Jayne x

Replies

• charlena48
    charlena48 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I was losing really slow also. I mix it up from food to exercise. Make sure you are eating enough. I usually eat most of the calories back from exercise but not always. I've been averaging about a pound a week now and last week it was a little over a pound.
  • pandelka
    pandelka Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Do you eat back your exercises calories? I think you should, otherwise your body will not have fuel to do all these things you've mentioned above.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I've been at it 6 months, I've lost 30 pounds. That's only an average of 5 pounds a month. I have 53 lbs left, but slow progress is still progress. I get very frustrated myself, I've plateaued twice and I have to change it up a little to start losing again. Plus the closer you get to GW the harder it is to lose. So My best suggestion is get stricter with the diet or do more exercise or both.
  • Jayneopopsidoodle
    Jayneopopsidoodle Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, yes eating most if not all of my exercise calories back each day. It gets so unmotivating when you feel like your doing everything you can and you jump on those scales once a week to find no change.

I'm drawing up a shopping list for my journey to Sainsburys tomorrow and I'm going to try a whole new host of foods and try and eat clean for the week to see if it can push a boundary.

Are there any foods that speed up weight loss or is that a myth..... I'm surrounded by slimming world enthusiasts at work however that has never worked for me so I'm not entirely sure I believe it all.
    x
  • dbevisjr
    dbevisjr Posts: 183
    Options
    Your diary is private so it is hard for anybody to make any recommendation or suggestion since we have no info upon which to base an opinion. Since you say that your calorie goal is 1200 I can tell you this. When you set your goals on MFP, unless you select otherwise, MFP defaults to a 500 calorie per day deficit. You then have 3500 calories deficit per week, which equals about 1 pound per week of weight loss. The exception to this is if your total Calories Burned From Normal Daily Activity (from the goals section in your profile) is less than 1700 then you will not have a full 500 calorie per day deficit since MFP will never set your calories below 1200. If this is the case with you, even if you follow the plan precisely you will lose less than the pound per week. But I say if you are losing and logging everything as precise as a person with your busy schedule can, then keep doing what you are doing. It is considered unsafe to eat below 1200 calories per day for an extended period of time.