Diary of a Compulsive Overeater - Day 22

Options
ellelit
ellelit Posts: 806 Member
well yesterday went well... i am so tired today though. i went golfing last night, and it was fun, but i keep realizing just how out of shape i am. everything hurts today. the food was fine for yesterday, but nothing spectacular, but the big achievement was that i did not binge. 2 days no bingeing! this makes me happy. here is how it all broke down:

breakfast:
breakfast bagel
1/2 big cookie

snack:
1/2 big cookie
1 yogurt
mini carrots
22 almonds

lunch:
1 cup w/w pasta
2/3 cup tomato sauce
1 italian sauasge, crumbled
tossed salad with tomatoes, cukes, olive oil dressing
1 avocado

snack:
1 banana

snack: (before golfing)
1 chicken wrap with little cheese, avocado, tomatoe, sprouts sour cream and grilled chicken

supper:
(chinese food)
1 small bowl wonton soup
20 dried garlic ribs
15 spears of stir fried broccoli
2oz of bbq pork

so all in all, not a bad day. i'm so sore, from the first round of golf of the season... owwwie! but my eating wasn't that bad... (i know the ribs are deep fried, but they are yummy, and i love them, and usually i can easily eat 2 or 3 times that amount.) it was good for me to go to a buffet and see if i could do it without gorgeing myself, and i did. yay me.

so today, i have a long walk planned.... not sure how long, but i'm supposed to do 10k, but i am just going to go as far as i can, and not get disappointed if i dont finish. for food, today i am having my twice-weekly steak dinner (wednesday and saturdays usually) and i am goign to try something new today: only 1 cup of rice. normally i have it with almost 3 cups, so i'm going to try the smaller amount and see if it works, then next week, i will decrease the size of the steak. little steps. so here is the plan for today:

breakfast:
1 cup kashi (almost done the box, thank god. yuck)
1 cup skim milk
1 banana

snack:
1 small yogurt
mni carrtos
22 almonds

lunch: (last day of leftovers. again, thank god.)
1 cup w/w pasta
2/3 cup tomato sauce

snack:
1 apple sauce
22 almonds
granola bar (if hungry)

supper:
280g steak (remember, this is a half-size steak for me)
1cup, i repeat 1 cup of rice
mushroom sauce

so all in all not a bad plan for the day. also with walking at least 5k today and waling to work, i will add minimum 450 exercise calories... i'm pretty happy today, but tired and sore so i hope i can happily make it through the day :)

also, for the half-marathon i'm walking in a month, i was getting really discouraged because i couldn't make it over about the 6.5k mark without wanting to die. my girlfriends told me that i don't have to worry about finishing the race. they will come rescue me if i can't do it. this was not a set back for me, but actually freed me to just do as much as i can do without the pressure of "i MUST finish". now my thinking is "i must TRY to finish". it seems alot more attainable, and who knows, i may finish it. have a good day.:wink:

Replies

• ellelit
    Options
    well yesterday went well... i am so tired today though. i went golfing last night, and it was fun, but i keep realizing just how out of shape i am. everything hurts today. the food was fine for yesterday, but nothing spectacular, but the big achievement was that i did not binge. 2 days no bingeing! this makes me happy. here is how it all broke down:

breakfast:
    breakfast bagel
    1/2 big cookie

snack:
    1/2 big cookie
    1 yogurt
    mini carrots
    22 almonds

lunch:
    1 cup w/w pasta
    2/3 cup tomato sauce
    1 avocado

snack:
    1 banana

snack: (before golfing)
    1 chicken wrap with little cheese, avocado, tomatoe, sprouts sour cream and grilled chicken

supper:
    (chinese food)
    1 small bowl wonton soup
    20 dried garlic ribs
    15 spears of stir fried broccoli
    2oz of bbq pork

so all in all, not a bad day. i'm so sore, from the first round of golf of the season... owwwie! but my eating wasn't that bad... (i know the ribs are deep fried, but they are yummy, and i love them, and usually i can easily eat 2 or 3 times that amount.) it was good for me to go to a buffet and see if i could do it without gorgeing myself, and i did. yay me.

so today, i have a long walk planned.... not sure how long, but i'm supposed to do 10k, but i am just going to go as far as i can, and not get disappointed if i dont finish. for food, today i am having my twice-weekly steak dinner (wednesday and saturdays usually) and i am goign to try something new today: only 1 cup of rice. normally i have it with almost 3 cups, so i'm going to try the smaller amount and see if it works, then next week, i will decrease the size of the steak. little steps. so here is the plan for today:

breakfast:
    1 cup kashi (almost done the box, thank god. yuck)
    1 cup skim milk
    1 banana

snack:
    1 small yogurt
    mni carrtos
    22 almonds

lunch: (last day of leftovers. again, thank god.)
    1 cup w/w pasta
    2/3 cup tomato sauce

snack:
    1 apple sauce
    22 almonds
    granola bar (if hungry)

supper:
    280g steak (remember, this is a half-size steak for me)
    1cup, i repeat 1 cup of rice
    mushroom sauce

so all in all not a bad plan for the day. also with walking at least 5k today and waling to work, i will add minimum 450 exercise calories... i'm pretty happy today, but tired and sore so i hope i can happily make it through the day :)

also, for the half-marathon i'm walking in a month, i was getting really discouraged because i couldn't make it over about the 6.5k mark without wanting to die. my girlfriends told me that i don't have to worry about finishing the race. they will come rescue me if i can't do it. this was not a set back for me, but actually freed me to just do as much as i can do without the pressure of "i MUST finish". now my thinking is "i must TRY to finish". it seems alot more attainable, and who knows, i may finish it. have a good day.:wink:
  • Dropka
    Dropka Posts: 72
    Options
    I wish I had the ability to tell people what I was having before I ate it. I never know what I'm eating for dinner til I've eaten it. I think that's part of my problem. Thanks for a little inspiration!!
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    :flowerforyou: congrats on not binging for 2 days!! You are doing so well with your babysteps!!

Don't worry about finishing... think of it this way... at least you trying. Think of how many people don't even try! Just do the best that you can do.
  • Me_Im_2b
    Me_Im_2b Posts: 165
    Options
    Wow! You are amazing! The fact that you've kept yourself dedicated to this for 22 days means that you can do this, you have the will power and control to do anything you put your mind to! Keep it up! :flowerforyou:
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    i love reading your diary..
  • vldowd
    vldowd Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job on the Chinese Buffet. That is one of my worst downfalls :sad: Great Job!
  • amylynne26
    amylynne26 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    you are doing so GREAT!! thank you for sharing your journey with us you inspire me to keep trying!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • pippid
    pippid Posts: 3
    Options
    Do you take a multivitamin? I just started taking a Usana multivitamin pack, and have noticed that I have lots more energy.
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I wonder about this every time you post... what are cukes???
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I like reading your posts as well; they are an inspiration to me.

Congratulations on 2 days.

I'm almost done with my Kashi as well!!

**my guess is that cukes are cucumbers!
  • ellelit
    Options
    yes cukes are cucumbers. i'm lazy lol.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    congrats on your quest baby steps are the way and an even better is that you are putting it here for us to see(that way wether you realize it you will be less inclined to eat when you have to see it(that will happen)
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!:flowerforyou: Your doing it!!!