SOBA NOODLES HELP PLEASE

Options
Sat 07/14/12 07:40 PM

i have bought some soba noodles for tea to go with a stir fry as i looked at the packet and thought the calories werent bad.
on the packet it says...
100g = 128kcal
1/2 packet = 160cal
the packet is 250g.

so 160cal for 125g dried right?

I have cooked the packet for oh and i and there is loads and i am doubting if too good to be true !

Panicing now....

ive googled the cals and some low and some high eeek
Anyone help me - do i go with whats on packet or just give them to oh and have none myself.....

Replies

• geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I have two sobas...

Kabuto Zaru Soba brand lists: 100g per serving with 334 calories. Each bundle is about 8 inches x 3.4 inch in diameter. When cooked, its a good amount.

The other, Eden Foods 100% Soba is 55g per serving and 200 calories. At 100g, it would be 363 calories.

160 calories for 125g dried doesn't seem right....
  • toshie333
    toshie333 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    They are asda brand- on the website it gives nvs that are on packet. I looked at the soba and udon noodles and both are about 130cal per 100g. I would assume its cooked weight but then ur says half packet is 160cals.... Confused. When I google it, it says soba are low calorie noodles made of buckwheat.... But some sites say different. It seems too good to be true... Too
    Scared to have them again lol x
  • sing4me4you
    sing4me4you Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Soba noodles are really filling since they are made from buckwheat. They are healthy and delicious. Just eat a bit less than you think you would normally need and I think you'll find yourself satisfied. I love them and serve them with stir fry often instead of rice.
  • runmybunsoff
    runmybunsoff Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    whoa!! stir-fried soba noodles!?! My Japanese mother would kill me, LOL!! :P
  • toshie333
    toshie333 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm not sure it's a traditional use for soba noodles... My uneducated pallet wouldn't know any different... I'm
    So uneducated in that field. Best not tell her!!
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    whoa!! stir-fried soba noodles!?! My Japanese mother would kill me, LOL!! :P
    LOL! True story... haha
  • ZyheeMoongazer
    ZyheeMoongazer Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Thought I would try soba noodles a while back, heard they were pretty healthy. Found a recipe and made some for dinner. Hour later I was so swollen I could hardly breathe. Turns out I'm HIGHLY allergic to buckwheat.