40 lbs gone, and me? Well, I feel...

Options
absolutely hot! Hi there guys :) It's been a long time coming for me to be able to post this. I feel absolutely amazing and I have found a confidence I never thought I would find. Since I know people usually put their stories up, I decided to put mine as well! On July 4th, 2011, I saw this picture of myself and it made me realize that I needed to do something about my weight:

545015_154703694660240_210699902_n.jpg

It was absolutely embarrassing for me to see that picture of myself and to think that I was SO happy with what I looked like. Shortly after, I moved to Philadelphia and I decided to try and do something about it. Something that contributed to my weight loss a lot was the fact that in September 2011 I was plagued with Panic and Anxiety issues. Working out and eating right was my escape. It made me feel good and every mile more that I ran and every staircase I took without getting out of breath made me feel amazing. During this entire time, I kept up with a vlog on Youtube which inspired others and at the same time kept me motivated!

For those asking what I did, I'm a Vegetarian, but I mostly ate a Vegan diet [I'm transitioning to a Veganism 100%], and the first couple of months, I walked. Instead of taking buses, and trains, etc, I walked. I took stairs instead of elevators. I ran every night even if it was a block or two. After that I started using Your Shape Fitness Evolved, and then Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012. Also did some Zumba. At the end of it all, I started doing Pilates, Yoga, and videos on Netflix.

483234_184401021690507_586916997_n.jpg

In the next couple of weeks to come, I hope to fully transition to a fully VEGAN diet [for the animals!] and to tone my arms. I'm thinking of taking pole dancing lessons :)

I wish you all luck on your journey as I am officially done with my losing weight. Take care!!

- Gisselle

Replies

• sophiedalton22
    sophiedalton22 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    wow this is amazing. well done, you look fabulous!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    You look great, congratulations!
  • artisticappetite
    Options
    Wow you look fab! Congrats! Can I ask how tall you are? I'm around the same weight you are now and my goal is 145, I hope I look as good as you when I get there!
  • noiinteam
    noiinteam Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    congrats.. you look awesome:bigsmile:
  • Gingeeee
    Gingeeee Posts: 28
    Options
    You look great, be proud of you accomplishment. Happy pole dancing, I always wanted to do that.....:smile:
  • AmyfromBama
    AmyfromBama Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!! Thanx for sharing your story!! You look amazing!!!! :smile:
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Wow you look fab! Congrats! Can I ask how tall you are? I'm around the same weight you are now and my goal is 145, I hope I look as good as you when I get there!

Hi there! First of all, thank you so much! :) I'm 5'3. I should've mentioned that lol
  • kimimila86
    kimimila86 Posts: 424
    Options
    I love the self-censorship! You've been very inspirational to me since we became friends and I'm so proud you've met your goal. Set some new ones and keep it up!

CONGRATS! :drinker:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! You look great!
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful.
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    Options
    I love the self-censorship! You've been very inspirational to me since we became friends and I'm so proud you've met your goal. Set some new ones and keep it up!

CONGRATS! :drinker:

Awww <3 THANK YOU!!! I love you and I know you'll do AWESOME with yours. You look absolutely fantastic btw!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    An amazing transformation. Well done!
  • YoYo1951
    YoYo1951 Posts: 370
    Options
    You look great and confident. Keep up the great work for your health and well being, and I am impressed with what you are doing for the animals.
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    All that hard work has worked, you look great, be very proud of yourself:bigsmile:
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of Fitness Evolved too (as you can tell by my avatar!) and you're a great example of how making small changes bit by bit can give you big results!
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Gisselle, you look absolutely fabulous and really have a great story to tell. I'm so glad you were able to use healthy changes to bring your self new confidence and happiness. That makes what you've accomplished all the better. Thanks so much for your efforts to move towards vegan. I am a huge animal lover myself, and one of my goals after getting myself together is to move in that direction-such a lifestyle change that I really feel I need to tackle one step at a time. People like you inspire me in so many ways. Thanks for posting, and continued success to you!
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    Options
    Thank you to absolutely everyone for their amazing comments :) You guys are so amazing!
  • londongirl2012
    londongirl2012 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    aww well done, such ana amazing loss and you have been very consistent btw are you the you tube vids still up or have they been deleted? :(
    if they're up i would like to watch them if you send me the link pls? I need some inspiration!!
    not been doing too well since i got bk from my holiday last month esp with my uni work keeping me busy/stressing me out!!!
    thanks xx
  • kittyraccoon7
    kittyraccoon7 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!! you really look FANTASTIC! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!