i feel very overwhelmed

Options

Replies

• lbcbeachbum77
    lbcbeachbum77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! you are doing a great job! Just remember, change takes time, both gaining and losing. When you gained, I doubt you noticed those subtle changes in 4 days, and you probably won't for losing either. As has already been said, weight fluctuates... hop off of the scale for a bit and just keep going. Before you know it you will start not only to see the changes in your clothes and body, but will also feel great too!

~m
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    It can take a little time, don't worry. I started logging again 2 weeks ago, but took the first week to cut off soda, purge the bad food from my cabinets, rework how I cook and I also got an exercise video (I also don't have access to a gym). The second week I went at it full force and by the end of that week (yesterday) I lost 3lbs! It's a drop in the bucket for my total goal but its a great start and definitely motivating to keep going.
  • cindybickler
    cindybickler Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    be patient, which is easier said than done! but too realize you have to make a lifestyle change. if you go back to your old ways it will come right back. make small goals that will keep you motivated. : )
  • brickhouse76
    brickhouse76 Posts: 146
    Options
    You didn't put the weight on overnight and it will not leave overnight...keep at it and you will start to see results and stay away from the scale! Good Luck:)
  • dorioreo
    dorioreo Posts: 123
    Options
    Ok. I do not drive. i only have a permit. my mom is in school and my dad works ! so i can't really do that.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Im not a complete fan of "eat more to lose more" lifestyle... but I recommend that you eat at least your 1200 cals... Good Luck on your journey!!!! You can do it!

I agree - just looked at your diary, and you are making some really good, healthy food choices, but don't eat too little - aim for at least 1200 calories of healthy foods. Then, keep doing what you're doing and you'll see results eventually. I find it takes about 2-3 weeks for the scale to start moving when I start really watching what I'm doing, but then it starts to move steadily. Good luck!
  • rainbowcandy2004
    Options
    When I started with my weightloss I only logged what I ate no calories. I just used a notebook. I started changing my eating habits and started to walk and some weight training at home. In 5 weeks I lost 35 lbs. I didn't weight myself once in that time. I was seeing a doctor so that is when I would weigh in. I knew I was doing something as my clothes got baggier and baggier as time went. Hide the scale for a while and see what happens. I know it is tough because you want to see results but it takes time. Not sure who said it but the weight didn't go on overnight and it isn't going to come off overnight. Hang in there and keep up with the good work you are doing and you will see some results.
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Starting a new exercise routine can often cause you to show a slight temporary gain on the scale, which can mask any true weight loss.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/595473-why-the-scale-goes-up-with-a-new-workout-program-must-read

This! Don't get discouraged - I haven't lost any weight in 4 months, but I've dropped 2 sizes in that time. Have a plan, stick to it and keep going. It WILL happen. Feel free to add me if you want! Good Luck!
  • KittyMarie13
    Options
    I totally know where you're coming from, there are so many days when I look at the logging and the meal preparation and the workouts and can't help but feel that it's a little unfair that I'm putting in more effort than the results I'm getting. And then the scale drops 2-3 lbs and doesn't bounce back up. Plus that doesn't account for how much better I'm sleeping or my increased energy or that the exercise is getting me worked into the best shape I've been in probably ever, or the fact that my face isn't breaking out so much anymore.

While I check the scale every morning, I would HIGHLY discourage you from doing so. I'm all about analyzing things (it's my job) so I track every day just so I can look for trending patterns and make pretty little graphs and charts. If it wasn't for my slightly neurotic love for analysis, checking that scale every day would probably demolish my motivation.

Just keep tracking, working on eating healthy, and moving a little more each day. And keep that water intake up. It's so hard at first to keep going when you want results that you're just not getting, but some of the best things in life are the ones we have to work hard to get.

Just hang in there! :flowerforyou:
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    just stick with it, that was my problem before, i wanted to see results immediately, but that's not how it works, give it some more time, u will start seeing changes
  • dorioreo
    Options
    Okay! I will try to reach the 1200 cal goal for now own (: Thanks!!
  • dorioreo
    Options
    You can order your workout DVD's from Amazon or EBAY. There are also places online where you can download them for free.

** Buy a jumprope (cheap!) and some handweights. The trick is to burn some calories and sweat sweat sweat!! THAT will be the best way to shed that weight!!! **

-Okay! I'm thinking about ordering 30 day shred off of amazon, and buying a jump rope! I have 10lbs hand weights!
  • cindybickler
    cindybickler Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    You can order your workout DVD's from Amazon or EBAY. There are also places online where you can download them for free.

** Buy a jumprope (cheap!) and some handweights. The trick is to burn some calories and sweat sweat sweat!! THAT will be the best way to shed that weight!!! **

-Okay! I'm thinking about ordering 30 day shred off of amazon, and buying a jump rope! I have 10lbs hand weights!

you can watch some of the workout DVD's on utube to see which ones you like the best before you order something you might not like.
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    StrawberrySuzyQ Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this helps, but my first week I just lived my normal routine and logged everything. That gave me something to work with. Then week two I started making changes. It helps to see what you've been doing that HASN'T been working to see how to move forward. If you're in it for the lifestyle change it takes time. Give it 1 month..a good effort at least and see where you're at then. You didn't learn bad habits overnight, you're not going to unlearn them in a week. Good luck!

I did this too! I wanted to see exactly WHAT I was eating and how many calories I was consuming. Then I started to make some changes and REALLY check out the nutritional content to see if I wanted to spend my calories on those items. I tried to make sure to have items to snack on like fruits and veggies. I also included more items that were filling but not extremely high in calories. I did not really notice much of difference until about a month later when I decided to buckle down and take it all seriously. I knew the weight had come on gradually and I had managed to lose before but this time I was going to make REAL changes in my entire lifestyle so that I could keep this up even after reaching goal weights.

Be patient. It WILL happen if you are making the changes. I completely agree with others that the scale is NOT your friend. In fact, I just reached the high end of my healthy weight range and then in the grocery store saw one of those kiosks that took your blood pressure, weight, eye exam, etc. Well, it told me my weight was 15 lbs MORE than my scale at home has been telling me. It was kind of frustrating.....until I realized I was wearing my heavy walking shoes, clothes, had my keys, phone, wallet and change on me. I normally weight with NOTHING on but all these extra things, plus sitting rather than standing, made it seem like I had gained 15 lbs. I try to keep a set date for weighing myself so I don't get discouraged. Lately, it has been the way my clothes fit (or maybe DON'T fit since they are getting so big) that has been telling me I'm on the right path.

If you are still not noticing any changes after a month, go back and reevaluate .... and give us all a "call" for some help. You will be able to do this! We ALL started at the same place you are. :flowerforyou:
  • dorioreo
    Options
    I have a question.

Are you supposed to eat the calories you burned from exercising?
  • johnsongs1
    johnsongs1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My advice is to make small changes. It might not be good to give up everything you like all at once. That's very hard, and why we give up so quickly on healthy eating. Think of this as a lifetime eating plan - not a diet. Give yourself permission to have a desert - maybe once per week or once every two weeks - and count it in your calories. Start out giving up one thing, and adding more vegies and fruits. If you are already exercising, that's great - but muscle weighs more than fat so you may not see a change in the scale for awhile.

Although I love vanilla malts - I've limited myself to only one per month. Otherwise, I'd eat one every day! It took time to put the weight on. It will not come off overnight. Also, I've found that if I weigh more one day, I've probably eaten something the day before that has a lot os salt - so limit salt.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I have a question.

Personally I do, and I believe you should always aim to net at least 1200. Think of it as making sure your body is in a state that can handle tomorrow's workout.

Check out www,BodyRock.tv (and try to ignore the camera humping the host's huge fake boobs, she actually seems to be a decent person and a qualified trainer) for some short, intense home workouts. They have a 30 day challenge and some beginner workouts.

Don't be too hard on yourself. If losing weight were easy there wouldn't be an obesity epidemic. It takes a lot of strength, patience and willpower but you CAN do it. This community is here to help and cheer you on.
  • dorioreo
    Options
    Thank you so much (: I will check out the websites!
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I have a question.

Only if you want to remain at your present weight!
  • imaheal
    imaheal Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    If you are doing it right, the weight WILL come off! About all of us have been through that. Don't give up,your body doesn't know what to think of this change! But it will adjust. I lost 1/2 half pound today.It could've been frustrating, but it is coming off. I've lost 36 since 1-30-12. Some weeks have been great and some disappointing. But in the end it works out! You'll do great!:flowerforyou: