I'll start tomorrow... again...

Options
I've said these words many times! In fact I said them today and BINGED like a mad woman then was faced with the usual guilt and self anger. I was browsing sites and blogs from people who have mentioned this site with great enthusiasm. Now I know why. I have joined sites before but 5 minutes in I can already see that this is completely different. I am always at the computer at one time or another. I can log food and exercise and measurements. I'm am already grateful!

Here goes what I hope to be the start of a life change. Things need to change, right now. Tomorrow isn't good enough. One small change, one small victory, even if I have binged I shall go for a walk or say no to a cookie. It's a start.

"Never leave that till tomorrow which you can do today."
Benjamin Franklin

Replies

• spells1977
    spells1977 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :smile:

Hopefully you will really like the site. I love it! I have found it really helpful, motivating and rewarding.

Good luck on your journey :flowerforyou:
  • rgm66
    rgm66 Posts: 33
    Options
    You will do great. All the people on here have been very supportive. If your looking for friends on here then feel free to add me Good Luck
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    elcome to MFP! There is tons of support and fun for you here! Good luck on your fitness journey! :flowerforyou:
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place! This site has changed my life. Welcome! You can do this!
  • Strawberrypop
    Strawberrypop Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I too found this site after having a major binge and it's really helped me! People are so friendly and encouraging and the forum can be very motivating. Feel free to add me x
  • Xtinajacob
    Xtinajacob Posts: 44
    Options
    Welcome,

i actually just started this site yesterday and i feel exactly like you do. It is always tomorrow, or i will start, and then a week in give up, but i am DETERMINED to stick with it this go around. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can keep each other motivated
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    I know the feeling! Y'all can add me too!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    It could be worse. You could be flying today. Then realize that the airlines don't feed you and thus, when you finally get to your next decantation you're so hungry you find the nearest food court. Only after you realize...

That you just blew your diet, most likely, in that one utter fattening meal...

Then you decide while it's blown just indulged in some type of cake with coffee...

All the while being stuck in an air port terminal.

It could be worse, much worse.

I am there right now.

Edit: Sorry for my bluntness. Welcome to MPF. You will love it here. Trust me on that. I wish you luck.
  • MrsFolk
    MrsFolk Posts: 205
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You'll do great! There are a lot of wonderful people here who are willing to encourage and support you all the way :)
  • Jayneopopsidoodle
    Jayneopopsidoodle Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal :) I just ate 5 after eights and then read your post and fed the rest to our chocolate loving dog whoop so thank you.... dog says thank you too haha :)

Goood Luck on here, you can do it, everyone is great. Add lots of friends and when you need motivation post your status and you'll get lots of supportive comments stopping you from eating that extra biscuit or advising you to go for a walk if you feel you really must eat it. I love it, I log in everyday so feel free to add me for support :) x
  • Reneefit135
    Reneefit135 Posts: 170
    Options
    I am starting again...again myself :) its been a roller coaster for about 5 or 6 years. I know its frustrating but what can we do but keep trying. If we give up things just get worse. I keep telling myself yes i still have the same 30lbs i need to lose but its better than needing to lose 130 which could easily happen if i don't track my food. This site always makes a big difference for me.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Welcome !

One meal at a time, one day at a time ..... that's how we roll ........

Make the best choices at each meal ..... if you do go slightly berserk, get right back on track at the very next meal :drinker:

Best of luck on this journey !
  • Kalraii
    Kalraii Posts: 89
    Options
    wow! Thank you so much for your wonderful responses! I can already see this really, really is a very good site. It has exceeded my expectations already and even better that like minded people with such supporting opinions hang out here too ^^
  • HeatherMarieBe
    HeatherMarieBe Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I finally started yesterday! I gained a lot of weight back, but here i am now trying again.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKPqUAK1-7Q&list=UUYYG8PeUxPpKq7Z_EiUc0JA&index=1&feature=plcp
    I'm VLOG'ing about it! check out my vids please :] making a new one this evening.
    hope you all like it, let me know what you think
    could always do a challenge too
    and you can do it!
  • cqueenbee12
    cqueenbee12 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've said these words many times! In fact I said them today and BINGED like a mad woman then was faced with the usual guilt and self anger. I was browsing sites and blogs from people who have mentioned this site with great enthusiasm. Now I know why. I have joined sites before but 5 minutes in I can already see that this is completely different. I am always at the computer at one time or another. I can log food and exercise and measurements. I'm am already grateful!

Here goes what I hope to be the start of a life change. Things need to change, right now. Tomorrow isn't good enough. One small change, one small victory, even if I have binged I shall go for a walk or say no to a cookie. It's a start.

"Never leave that till tomorrow which you can do today."
    Benjamin Franklin
    Wow this sounds exactly like myself it's scary. I swear i don't know how many times I had told my fiance that I would start my diet tomorrow or monday after the weekend and I still have trouble sometimes, but I love being able to see how many calories are in the foods I'm eating just by adding them onto my phone. I'm more likely to work out if it's staring me in the face how unhealthy my lifestyle had become. I was always telling him lets go get ice cream or grabbing a candy bar in the lane to check out at the super walmart.. I have been using my fitness pal for a couple weeks now and I've only started getting back on track, but this site has helped given me the confidence to know that i can stick with it.
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! You are going to love it here, I'm sure. This site is awesome, I love it.