i feel very overwhelmed

Options

Replies

• sulamita03
    sulamita03 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Forget about the scale don't frustrate. I was doing the same, and it really took me over two weeks of eating and counting my food well and 4 weeks of interval training to actually lose 2 pounds, and that is because i am not 20 anymore, so it is harder. I do feel my clothes fitting me better, so just keep going, hang in there you are not alone, we didn't got all this way in one week, it won't take a week to go off. I still like the idea of having a personal trainer (not cheap), the first two months, I can almost guarantee I wont be here if I have nobody coaching me to keep going, and in my case I prefer a woman, I want somebody that can understand what I want. somebody that will push me a little bit more when I feel I can't or that will jump and start to do the exercises with me, otherwise I know is not going to work I have been lazy for too long.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    you don't need to go to the gym to get results. Simply cutting back and then adding some type of cardio should do it. Then you can always work out at home.

While you been at it for four days good job! Now, you have to do it a lot more. Like three months or more. Even years. Hang in there and you will get it.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Be patient...the weight will come off...don't let a plateau or a slight weight increase discourage you into giving it all up.
    i weigh myself on Sundays after I work out in the morning. When I plateaued I just cranked up my cardio time...even a walk in the park for 45 minutes will work...doesn't have to be p90x or an ellyptical machine.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • Nomorecarries
    Nomorecarries Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Go to precision nutrition.com they have great I info and videos that are free to help you be successful with changing your diet. It must be done in very small steps or it won't happen!! Finding this info has been a life changer!
  • whamann1
    whamann1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! Have you friended anyone on MFP or better yet, if you can get some of your personal friends and family to join in the journey with you, that would really help. I am so inspired by my 2 buddies who send me messages and encouragement. Plus, their example keeps me going. I will send you a friends request. I only weigh about every 10 days or so because it can really make me crazy! I love the feature that tells you what your wieght will be in 5 weeks if yo ukeep it up. I like that number better than what I am seeing today. You are not alone!!!!!!! :-)
  • imaheal
    imaheal Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    They say you can eat those calories that you burn. I never do. My body need a deficit of calories. To me eating the calories you burn defeats the purpose.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I agree with driving somewhere where you can run or walk safely! Find a trail or a track that's open for public use! We have a trail in town for bikers and runners.

Give it some time... it won't happen quickly.
  • dont_u_mean_carrots
    Options
    I rarely check the scale. Maybe once every couple months. Do things for yourself and not for the scale. Do it for your health and body not your weight. Once you get your head right in the game the weight will come off. Weight loss should be a side effect of the positive changes you're making in your life.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I agree with you...It's like a bonus...why would i mitigate the positive effects of exercise by eating back calories?
  • Runner50266
    Options
    This is a lifestyle change not a diet. You can have treats just don't make things like Sonic a way of life. You can fit them into your life but eat your healthy foods first.

Your body changes from the inside out meaning your cells, muscles and everything else starts to react before you see changes sometimes. That is my super non-medical explanation. :-)

I would encourage you to keep reaching out and read the forums, learn to understand fact from fiction, talk to your doctor, and like everyone else says be patient. The scale is only 1 way to measure things and it is one of the most unreliable. Go by how your clothes fit. Your increasing energy level may be one of the first things you see and that should be a good indicator that your body is starting to respond. You may feel that before you notice it on the scale.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    there are walking DVDs you can do at home - without a treadmill even, just walk in place. also a rebounder (mini trampoline) doesn't cost very much & can 'jog' on that.
    There are many many ways to exercise without equipment or even leaving home. Do you have stairs in your home? this is one of the best workouts you can get- even athletes train on stairs

Stick with it. It's ok to feel discouraged, but DON'T GIVE UP. Read the boards for inspiration, you'll see nobody achieved success in one week.
    Good luck!
  • droogievesch
    droogievesch Posts: 202
    Options
    tumblr_lxa7dfgpqD1r2q7x9o1_250.jpg
  • lanie37
    lanie37 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have been using the site for nearly 3 weeks now and totally love it. I am not calling it a diet but a lifestyle change, as I dont want the weight to come back once I reach my goal.
    The first week I took it easy, was careful what I ate.
    Week 2 I gave up caffeine and fizzy drinks to help me increase the water intake, this has been the best thing I ever did. The only real exercise I do at the moment is walking due to shoulder/neck problem. I even managed to walk 10 miles last wednesday and felt fantastic.
    You have to do what is right for you, but stick with it.....Rome wasn't built in a day.
  • Josephina57
    Josephina57 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I guess I need to give it sometime! I will try to put the scale and weigh myself every Sunday!

this.
  • Reneefit135
    Reneefit135 Posts: 170
    Options
    Its true you just need some time. Also really good advice to drink a lot of water and cardio is essential. Get DVD's or something, find another area to walk in. It makes a huge difference.
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Be patient. You didn't put the weight in 4 days. It may take weeks to see real changes but you will start feeling better very soon ( if you are making healthy choices). DRINK MORE WATER! Stay away from the scales! It can discourage as fast (or faster) than it encourages. Let your clothes tell the story. Keep at it! Don't give up! You will be happy you did!!
    ^^this!!!!^^
  • dorioreo
    dorioreo Posts: 123
    Options
    Hey! Thank you everyone for your support, advice, words of encouragement! I really didn't expect to get this many replies!!! I just bought 30 day shred off amazon, it should be here on 18th. And I will look into going walking somewhere a couple of days out of the week. I will weigh myself only on Sundays (starting tomorrow) Thank you soo much (: You guys are the best!
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lxa7dfgpqD1r2q7x9o1_250.jpg

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    StrawberrySuzyQ Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You can order your workout DVD's from Amazon or EBAY. There are also places online where you can download them for free.

** Buy a jumprope (cheap!) and some handweights. The trick is to burn some calories and sweat sweat sweat!! THAT will be the best way to shed that weight!!! **

-Okay! I'm thinking about ordering 30 day shred off of amazon, and buying a jump rope! I have 10lbs hand weights!

You can find it on VIMEO for free. I'll see if I can find the right links for you and post them here ... unless someone else beats me to it! :happy:
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Look into some workout dvds.