Hey guys - I'm Melanie

Options
Well hello! This is the 2nd time I have used My Fitness Pal as a weight loss tool. I really am very appreciative to have this at my finger tips.
So, I'm a stereotypical yo yo dieter. I've lost and gained back weight more times than I'm willing to admit.
THIS TIME, HAS TO BE THE LAST. I'm 53 and my knees are hurting like I'm 73. I don't want to be a person who can't do fun things with my grandkids. I want to dance. I want to ride my bike and (not to be funny) I want to walk on the beach!
So here's to all my new fitness pals. Let's win this battle and I will celebrate with Miller 64! I'm down 20 lbs in 5 weeks. My goal is to be 50 lbs lighter before Spring 2013.. With God's help - I'm gonna do it!

Replies

• jennifermiller22
    Options
    Hey there Melanie!!! I just joined 10 minutes ago and I am always looking for people like me (yo yo diet, walking on the beach) We can do it girl!
  • CHEVYGYRL27
    Options
    Hi my name is Sabrina and I am in the same boat with you...i've lost and gained back several times. I am trying to make this a life time change in eating and exercise for me so I don't have to do this again! This is only my first week dieting . My goal is to lose 25 pounds by August 31st. So my question to you is how did you lose 20 pounds in 5 weeks...I want to know the secret...lol
  • melaniealedgerwood
    Options
    Good to meet you Jennifer. I just enjoyed a very delicious meal that soooo low cal and healthy - Steamed chicken and mixed veg from our local Chinese take out.
    Did not exercise today. Oh well. There is always tomorrow morning!
    Let me know if you have any low cal meal tips. I'm the worst cook ever.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Well hello! This is the 2nd time I have used My Fitness Pal as a weight loss tool. I really am very appreciative to have this at my finger tips.
    So, I'm a stereotypical yo yo dieter. I've lost and gained back weight more times than I'm willing to admit.
    THIS TIME, HAS TO BE THE LAST. I'm 53 and my knees are hurting like I'm 73. I don't want to be a person who can't do fun things with my grandkids. I want to dance. I want to ride my bike and (not to be funny) I want to walk on the beach!
    So here's to all my new fitness pals. Let's win this battle and I will celebrate with Miller 64! I'm down 20 lbs in 5 weeks. My goal is to be 50 lbs lighter before Spring 2013.. With God's help - I'm gonna do it!

Welcome! (I think I will use your post as my profile on match.com!:laugh: )

I love your attitude AND your red hair! Good luck this time around.

I lost 36......kept off 20 (notice I DIDN"T say I gained 16:wink: ) and now am back on board to lose the last 20.

Using small goals is my way. Right now I want to be in my 40's again. Well........on the scale anyway, as I cannot turn back the hands of time!

:flowerforyou: AWTY
  • tommythomas70
    Options
    Melanie...second try for me as well...it's a great tool!!! BEST of Luck to you!!!!
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Hi girls & guy feel free to add me if u like
  • melaniealedgerwood
    Options
    I know how to loose weight the healthy way - (My problem is keeping it off).

Okay - here's how I do it.
    1. Throw away processed foods in your cupboard. Don't buy more
    2. Turn the food pyramid upside down. Eat unlimited non starchy veggies. Get full.
    3. Eat fresh fruits - get full. These you should probably measure but it's not an exact science
    4. Don't eat white foods - for example: rice, pasta - switch to whole wheat
    5. I count calories - Try to stay around 1200 a day
    6. I use the (size of a deck of cards) method to measure meat.
    7. Get rid of foods with processed sugar.
    8. Move more - any way you can - any way you like.
    9. Figure out what you like that's safe and healthy and keep it in the house.
    10. Drink lots of water.

Okay, those are the basics. It works for me everytime. Now who wants to give me advice on how to survive a midwest winter without gaining it back>>>:wink:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I know how to loose weight the healthy way - (My problem is keeping it off).

Okay - here's how I do it.
    1. Throw away processed foods in your cupboard. Don't buy more
    2. Turn the food pyramid upside down. Eat unlimited non starchy veggies. Get full.
    3. Eat fresh fruits - get full. These you should probably measure but it's not an exact science
    4. Don't eat white foods - for example: rice, pasta - switch to whole wheat
    5. I count calories - Try to stay around 1200 a day
    6. I use the (size of a deck of cards) method to measure meat.
    7. Get rid of foods with processed sugar.
    8. Move more - any way you can - any way you like.
    9. Figure out what you like that's safe and healthy and keep it in the house.
    10. Drink lots of water.

Okay, those are the basics. It works for me everytime. Now who wants to give me advice on how to survive a midwest winter without gaining it back>>>:wink:

I agree. When I get down to brass tacks I avoid anything white. That makes it very simple for me. Then the other stuff barely needs to be measured.

Hope we both see the numbers go down!