What would you do?

Options
MooMooooo
MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
Hey, I went out with friends for dinner the other night.

I don't drink soda or alcohol like everyone else in our group and lucky for me the restaurant served milkshakes. :)

So I ordered one.

When our drinks came out the guy across from me said "omg, look at that guy outside'' so I looked and saw nothing only to turn back and he had stuck his fork into my drink and taken ice cream and cream out for himself.

He had also managed to drip my drink over the table and nearly onto my iphone.

I didn't realise how annoyed I was until I got home later that night.

What would you have done?

Replies

• judith3
    judith3 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I probably would of just laughed it off it wouldn't be a big deal for me
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    Insisted he pay for the milkshake.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Nothing - he didn't get it on the phone and even if he had it would just wipe off. Must have looked like a yummy shake. I don't have an issue sharing my food/drink - I would have taken a bite of something he had in return! :smile:
  • SandiBren
    SandiBren Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'd find me a different friend.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Shared the rest with him. By pouring it down his back.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

YES!!
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Log the milkshake one bite less.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Personally I would have said something to them. Not anything mean, just "next time please ask before trying my food." The other incident seems just an accident.

I don't mind letting others have a taste of what I have and vice versa so long as they ask. I grew up with a father who would take things off your plate, and not just like a few fries he would take a third of what you were eating if he wanted to try it or liked it. But if you wanted something of his he would make a big stink about it. One time I smacked the back of his hand with the blunt end of my fork as he was reaching for my plate and he grounded me the whole weekend. It's rude, bottom line. You can't assume because you're such and such to someone that you can do that unless permission has been given beforehand. If you've never implied to any of your friends that it's okay or doesn't bother you, they don't need to be doing it.
  • Gunnarbear
    Gunnarbear Posts: 186
    Options
    I would smile nicely and bury my fork into the back of his hand :smokin:
  • flash4198
    flash4198 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'd order another and give him the one he wanted so bad he couldn't ask wtf dude
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options

LOL
    I'd order another one and make sure he pays for it
    And he could have that one

I don't like sharing :p
  • timmymon
    timmymon Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Nothing, he got you good!
  • RES2333
    RES2333 Posts: 36
    Options
    Log the milkshake one bite less.

LOL I like that!
  • yankeerebeljr
    Options
    As I always tell my husband, "Don't f*#k with a fat persons (meaning me) food!" I hate when people reach over and grab my food/drink-ask me first and of course I'll share :)
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Was it a clean fork or one he already had in his mouth? If he had already had the fork in his mouth, I would say "here, I don't eat after other people" gave him the shake and he could pay for it. I don't eat or drink after anyone else, not even my kids. I would have been mad. If it was a clean fork, I would have said "hey, why don't you try asking first?".
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    At some point in my life, I would've grabbed the fork in his hand and used it to stab said hand, with a milkshake-down-the-shirt finisher. Now, I'm working on my anger management, though, so I probably just would've punched him in the face,
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I would've told him to get his own drink.. I hate when people do that without asking.. It's annoying and I have a thing about sharing drinks unless it's someone I know really well (like my hubby).
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Personally I would have said something to them. Not anything mean, just "next time please ask before trying my food." The other incident seems just an accident.

I don't mind letting others have a taste of what I have and vice versa so long as they ask. I grew up with a father who would take things off your plate, and not just like a few fries he would take a third of what you were eating if he wanted to try it or liked it. But if you wanted something of his he would make a big stink about it. One time I smacked the back of his hand with the blunt end of my fork as he was reaching for my plate and he grounded me the whole weekend. It's rude, bottom line. You can't assume because you're such and such to someone that you can do that unless permission has been given beforehand. If you've never implied to any of your friends that it's okay or doesn't bother you, they don't need to be doing it.

^^ This! Couldn't have said it better myself!
  • DrowningMermaid
    Options
    I'd order another and give him the one he wanted so bad.

This - 100%

and I would have made sure he knew they'd both be on his tab for the hassle.