30 Day Shred question

Options
Hi everyone!

I just joined MyFitnessPal today, and I've been actively exercising at a gym for the past 6 weeks or so. I was about 325 lbs in Feb, and by early May, I had lost about 40 lbs without trying--just due to stress. I've decided to capitalize on that and get fit! I go to my gym at least 4 days a week, usually 5, and do a variety of things--free weights, machines, treadmill, recumbent bike, swimming laps, and then classes like Aquafit, Mat Pilates, and Body Works plus Abs (I go to an LA Fitness). I'm loving it, and already getting a lot stronger, getting more stamina, and getting toned.

I'm also about to start integrating home Ugi, Pilates, and Hula Hoop fitness programs into my program, as well as Nia and Yoga classes. (and I think I'll occasionally start going to Zumba at my gym.)

Here's my question: I still have a long way to go in the fitness dept, but have any of you done Jillian Michael's "30 Day Shred" with success? Will Level 1 destroy me? Any tips? I'm about to get it in the mail and I really want to succeed.

Thank you!

26153224.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Brittni__duh
    Brittni__duh Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just do your best and don't push yourself. It will only destroy you if you're pushing yourself too hard. Listen to your body and pause the DVD to catch your breath if you need to. If, after the 10 day period, you still can't complete level one like you want to, then continue doing level one. You don't have to finish the entire 3 levels in 30 days. Do your best and progress at your own pace when you're comfortable with each level.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Just do your best and don't push yourself. It will only destroy you if you're pushing yourself too hard. Listen to your body and pause the DVD to catch your breath if you need to. If, after the 10 day period, you still can't complete level one like you want to, then continue doing level one. You don't have to finish the entire 3 levels in 30 days. Do your best and progress at your own pace when you're comfortable with each level.
    ^ This, I was in a very different place when I started 30 Day Shred than where you are, but you sound like you're doing great with this new journey. Brittni has given you some very good advice. I think you'll likely do just fine! Best wishes and much success to you!
  • emmlovesyewx3
    Options
    you have to make the commitment to put in that dvd everyday and do the work if you want the results! :) level 1 is okay, i hated level 2, but level 3 is my favorite & im currently on day 25~ its worth doing if you want to be more fit :D
  • fostermommy43
    fostermommy43 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am very unfit since I stopped working and the 30 day shred was hard but not impossible for me. I quit doing it because of my own lack of motivation, I am back on the band wagon now and intend to give it another go. I did have to take breaths and couldn't keep up totally but even when I couldn't do what the video was doing I kept moving rather than just standing in place so as not to lose the momentum. Good luck on your journey!
  • littlecuteone
    littlecuteone Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The first time I did it, I could hardly walk the next day. I tried too hard to keep up and that was on level 1. Jillian will push you hard.
  • starcyndycyn
    Options
    Thank you so much, everyone! I really appreciate your advice and encouragement! I will start off slow and just do what I can, and build my fitness! :)
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    You are already doing a lot, and it will likely help you get through. Just make sure you use good form, and go at your own pace.