Help..No gym.

Options
I'm a stay at home mom to an 9month old baby girl. I don't have the time to go to a gym due to my boyfriend work schedule. I have workout dvds ranging from Jillian M. To a walking program and I've lost 20lbs so far. What I really need help on is strength training with weights espically for the arms. If anyone knows what exercise I can do at home for that, that would help me so much. Even if you know a website to look at it will help.....Thanks so much :-)

Replies

• Runner50266
    Options
    There are sites all over the web from Spark People to Youtube that show great dumbell or body weight exercises. You can go to bodybuilding.com and look there. I love the internet!
  • robinkelly25
    robinkelly25 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    If you are having sucess on work out DVDs, you should try P90X. The very first day he has you doing pull ups (with a modified version of course). This dvd would be great if you are looking to increase your strength in your arms and your legs. Good Luck on your journey and wishing you continued sucess!
  • Bobbie_89
    Bobbie_89 Posts: 146
    Options
    Thank you ladies :)
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I have a stability ball, and those stretchy bands like what they use in Pilates....Actually, I got the ball with 3 bands and a dvd at either walmart or meijer for under $30.00.

I got a weirdly shaped ball, too, that didn't come with anything, but it's neat. :bigsmile:
  • Cindi_Rella1
    Cindi_Rella1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Pinterest has all kinds of amazing exercise plans easy to do at home! Pinterest is amazing for new ideas on anything you can imagine.
  • Bobbie_89
    Bobbie_89 Posts: 146
    Options
    Ty...I've heard alot about that site just never went to it until now! Thanks so much!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    If you want to get some weights, you can get used ones for next to nothing on craigslist.
  • Kalraii
    Kalraii Posts: 89
    Options
    Heya! I haven't got a baby but as silly as this sounds I was trying to find exercises that wont destroy my floor - we live in an aging house and I can't bounce about, even more so with my weight. After some searching I found one with a lot of strength training and less floor destroying cardio called 30 days to shred - 10 days per level. Or get dumbbells and make your own records of strengthening exercises you can find and record. I even printed off myself a chart. :) xx