low carb diet for a vegetarian

Options
Hey,

This might be a stupid question, and likely a difficult one to aswer. I am a vegetarian, have been for 12 years. Ive noticed that most of my intake is carbs, im always under in everything else. Does anyone know of a good low carb diet that is vegetarian friendly? ( I dont eat eggs). I seem to have hit a plateau so im trying to find a solution and myabe cutting carbs is it?! ive never tried a low carb diet mainly because i wouldnt know what to eat!. Any help would be awesome!

Replies

• tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I dont know of any diets but have you tried protien bars or whey protien powders? Research shows increasing your lean protien will help you burn wt faster. Good luck
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    beans are woderful althouugh they do have carbs make it more a "slow" as opposed to "no" carb apporach ones yor body will have to break down like the fiber rich beans, whole wheat/grain pasta, the fiber will fill you up with quality calories and still keep you a veggie. Tofu is wonderful idea as well
  • candessb
    candessb Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    There are protein shakes that consists of just vegetable proteins. They usually taste like crap, but don't have any animal bi-products in them like whey. If you get vanilla you could mix it with fruits and yogurt for a nice protein fix.
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Seitan and tempeh are really good. http://theppk.com has a great database of free all-vegan recipes, and you can search by ingredient for high-protein results. My favorite is the tempeh chili con frijoles, it's full of slow carbs and lean protein. And if there are any carnivores in your life, they might not even notice it's vegan.
  • JOY621
    JOY621 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey,

This might be a stupid question, and likely a difficult one to aswer. I am a vegetarian, have been for 12 years. Ive noticed that most of my intake is carbs, im always under in everything else. Does anyone know of a good low carb diet that is vegetarian friendly? ( I dont eat eggs). I seem to have hit a plateau so im trying to find a solution and myabe cutting carbs is it?! ive never tried a low carb diet mainly because i wouldnt know what to eat!. Any help would be awesome!
  • JOY621
    JOY621 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have a same problem. Since I don't eat meat, I tend to eat too much carbs.