Starting over...AGAIN. Need some more friends and support

Options
Starting 30DS again (first time I sprained my ankle). Also doing a C25k program. And adding in a bit of strength as well. As far as dieting...not doing much other than cutting out junk food and soda, and making healthier choices (switching reg bacon for turkey bacon, regular ranch dressing for light dressing, etc) and drinking A LOT more water.

Anyone else have a similar schedule, starting on the same programs, or just wanting some general support ADD ME! I do NOT want to give up again.

Cait

Replies

• cait0902
    cait0902 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Anyone?? =(
  • TreAckee
    TreAckee Posts: 26
    Options
    Hiya! :)

I'm assuming 30DS means 30 day shred. I've had the DVD for over a year now and have only done it once. I need to get it out again so I would be game!
  • rmrpender
    rmrpender Posts: 16
    Options
    What is c25k? I've seen references to it and don't know what it is.
  • tiffany1851
    tiffany1851 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am just starting the C25K program for the first time, but I am just getting back on track for diet/exercise AGAIN after a 5 month lull.

I am hoping something new will keep me going this time. Feel free to add me and I will lend some support and motivation!
  • nikihampton
    nikihampton Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I need to get my sh#$ together again. I need to add strength in and have A LOT of makeup to do in my training. I could definitely use more support on here too.
  • nikihampton
    nikihampton Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Couch to 5K
  • cait0902
    cait0902 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Couch to 5K.....the program I have is 10 weeks long. Every other day you jog/walk for certain amounts of time, about every other day. Gradually you increase your jogging time so you eventually jog/run the full 5k!!
  • lamarwright
    Options
    Just try not to focus on falling off. I fell off a couple of weeks ago after seeing great progress and gained all the weight i lost back; however, now i have been extra motivated to work out. I even work out twice a day on most occasions. Some times having those minor set backs get make you stronger. I am determined to not only lose the weight but also transform the way i live my life. I pay much closer attention to everything i eat now and i exercise portion control. You can still eat good food but you really got to pay attention to those portions. Hope this helps good luck and hang in there.
  • tiffany1851
    tiffany1851 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    c25k is a Couch to 5K program that helps train a non-runner for a 5K.
  • cherlea33
    cherlea33 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi - feel free to add me. I did the C25k last year and it was a great program.
  • jjmcahill
    jjmcahill Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Haven't started yet...but plan on it in the fall when it's not so hot and kids are back in school. Feel free to add me!
  • Kalraii
    Kalraii Posts: 89
    Options
    HELLO!! I am the same as you - starting... again. Hopefully this time with the help of MFP I can make the change more permanent. I really really want to do the CK5 also but even though I bought proper running shoes I'm too embarrassed to gear up to walk outside let alone get jogging >< I think I'd enjoy running; I love watching people jog by ^^ I am aiming to start walking and I hope you can get out there also :) Feel free to add me as this isn't going to be a daily struggle for me - it's going to be a struggle per second! I don't have anyone in my social circle that is interested and I love the way support here is splashed everywhere!

Best of luck! xx

:smile:
  • vbrent07
    vbrent07 Posts: 115
    Options
    Today is day 5 for me for the 30 day shred. I hit a plateau a little over a week ago so I'm hoping this works. I only did the shred about 10 times and I got it 2 years ago, it was just to exhausting for me. Since I've been doing other exercises before I started again, this time it's not so bad! I also walk a little bit, I drink about 1 soda a month (I'm not a huge soda person to begin with) but I do drink a lot of unsweetened tea, I don't go out to eat that often, and I'm really trying to cut down on junk food! The junk food is the hardest because when it's there it stares me in the face and my son love chips and cookies and I don't want to deny him that just because I'm trying to lose weight!
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 9 of the C25K with two days left to go, I intend to start B210K within the next week.
  • mysweetestdreams
    mysweetestdreams Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Looking for more friends no matter what program you choose to do, support is still support~
    I'm also starting 30DS in a bit more than a week, this will be my 2nd time :>
  • cior
    cior Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I still wanna be your friend! Lol!
  • tonsofsmiles
    Options
    I've "started over again" so many times... I've done 30DS but usually only make it about 10 days every time I try it... I've never gotten up to level 3. I've been working with a personal trainer for about 2 months now and am just now seeing weight loss - after changing my diet. i've been horrible at updating my food intake on here as well but am starting that up again.

Has anyone done the candida diet??