help- having trouble losing!

Options
Hello all, I need some encouragement or a new game plan and I'm so frustrated. I had my 2nd child a year ago, worked my *kitten* off for a year and got down to 128 pounds and I have been stuck at this weight for 4 months now. My goal is 115 (I'm 5'3"). It seems to all be in my belly, chest and back, a classic apple shape. I know that a portion of my bulge is stretched out skin from having preeclampsia twice.

I try to work out 3-4 days a week (not including chasing a 1 year old and 4 year old around all day) and I eat healthy and try to stay around 1400 calories. I even completed a 5K in March without stopping at all.

What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• BeantownSooner
    Options
    Can't see your diary so will not comment on your nutrition but the 1400 seems about right. You could try adding (or go down) another 100 - 200 calories for a few weeks to see if that kicks starts anything. As you've lose weight you need to continually adjust as your body gets used to the routine. Also, change up your workout regimen. Try something completely new those 3-4 days a week.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I agree. Also try changing up what you're eating- that worked for me. Try smaller, more frequent meals, different carbs, etc. I also changed up my exercise routine. And remeasured my food to make sure I was still accurate. There were a few things that had "grown" with my eye balling portions. All of these things are possible causes. Also, make sure you're drinking enough water. Toward the end of my weight loss, I found that sodium and refined sugars would stall my weight loss very quickly. Hope these things help!
  • Sugoiharris
    Sugoiharris Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    If the bulk of it is loose skin you can't really work that off. There are some things out there to help tighten up loose skin though I don't know of any off the top of my head, I'm sure you can find something. I think I heard somewhere that coffee ground - olive oil in a heated wrap helps. As for the rest of the weight everyone is right, change it up. I was watching Chis Powell on extreme makeover and his trainer tip said something along the lines of avoid doing one workout 6 times in a row and switch it up so your body doesn't adjust and learn to work super efficiently in that one workout. Or something like that... change it up though it also keeps things interesting and fun.
  • ameliasnelling
    Options
    Thank you everyone, great tips. I'll change it up and I'm going to cut my carbs, drink more water and see if that works. Thank you so much for the encouragement.
  • HorseWithNoName27
    HorseWithNoName27 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I would try upping the exercise if you possibly could. Say, 5-6 days a week. And drink more water, definitely. Without enough water, you could be retaining both sodium and excess water weight. If you feel comfortable at 1400 cal, then stay there, but if you do increase your exercise you should prolly eat a bit more than that.