Other ways to exercise

Options
With out exercising equipment? I already know the "basic" one's such as...
-running
-walking
-jogging
-jumping jacks
-push up
-sit ups.

What are other way's you can work out & still get a nice affect that you'd get with exercising equipment? I get bored doing these over and over again. Thanks.

Replies

• emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
  • Tishia11
    Tishia11 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Try a Zumba class.
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Shadow boxing? The xbox has the biggest loser work out and on it we do some of this type of boxing. You punch out, then duck, then punch out again. etc. You could probably google boxing moves? Also dance moves? You can also use canned food for weights. I use to do that. And I have used the steps going into the garage for step aerobics. lol Hope this helps you some.
  • healthy_nut
    Options
    Zumba, hikes, jet skiing, swimming...
    You can do dance and workout DVDs at home. Also I got a ton of workout apps on my iPad that I'm loving, they don't require equipment and it's like having a personal trainer! If you have an iPad or a smartphone try getting all the Daniel Miller apps! :)
  • syncronicity
    Options
    Swimming. It's awesome. I bought a waterproof MP3 player. I swim laps and listen to my tunes for 40 min. and burn about 500 cals. I don't even watch the clock anymore. I only do the sidestroke. Endurance.
  • rayvynn5374
    rayvynn5374 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I have yet to do some of these but..
    planks
    dips
    jump rope
    if you have stairs in your house step up and down
    youtube exercise videos
    keep milk jugs fill with water and freeze then lift them(?) maybe start with only half of ice till you work up to a full gallon(make a duct tape "handle cover" so your hands don't freeze off)
    if you have a bike maybe look into building or buying a stand to make it stationary and plop it in front of tv and start pedalling
    around here we have exercise paths that every so often there is a work out station with different kinds of exercises to do at each station
  • Nan_
    Nan_ Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I went on youtube and put in "Zumba" and found several different videos where instructors were actually teaching a class. So I started working out via youtube.

One class was a series of fifteen minute videos to total 45 minutes. I found a couple of other videos that were about an hour. I also found a kickbocking video, a dancing one and some others. So if you want something different just look around on youtube.

You can also find Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred as well as her Ripped in 30 videos on youtube. Her Ripped in 30 come in four different videos because she has four levels, but each video is about 30 minutes.

There's a website called Body Rock that has some videos too. You'll have to google it though because I'm not really sure where the site is, but I know it's called Body Rock and I saw it on pinterest.
  • YolandaSaez
    Options
    Zumba, hikes, jet skiing, swimming...
    You can do dance and workout DVDs at home. Also I got a ton of workout apps on my iPad that I'm loving, they don't require equipment and it's like having a personal trainer! If you have an iPad or a smartphone try getting all the Daniel Miller apps! :)

Yes! love his work outs. They some time's "kill" me..lol
  • YolandaSaez
    Options
    I went on youtube and put in "Zumba" and found several different videos where instructors were actually teaching a class. So I started working out via youtube.

One class was a series of fifteen minute videos to total 45 minutes. I found a couple of other videos that were about an hour. I also found a kickbocking video, a dancing one and some others. So if you want something different just look around on youtube.

You can also find Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred as well as her Ripped in 30 videos on youtube. Her Ripped in 30 come in four different videos because she has four levels, but each video is about 30 minutes.

There's a website called Body Rock that has some videos too. You'll have to google it though because I'm not really sure what what the site is, but I know it's called Body Rock and I saw it on pinterest.

Wow, I've never thought of checking on Youtube! thanks.
  • YolandaSaez
    Options
    As for swimming guys, I don't do swimming. i'm not comfortable going swimming just yet...I mean I can swim...I learned it's just wearing a bathing suit....it's not my thing. :embarassed: If i REALLY wanted to go swimming i'd put on like shorts & tee-shirt but the pools require bathing suits...:frown:
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    General things you do around the house can burn calories, cleaning the house or apartment, cleaning the oven, sweeping and mopping, cleaning out the tub, go out and wash the car as long as you're moving
  • drewols
    drewols Posts: 77
    Options
    Build a sandbag!! You can do this easily and for just a few bucks and there are many different things you can do with them that provide a great workout
  • mokab
    mokab Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    check out your library for work out dvd's.
    -do sprints in your yard
    -work on your golf swing with practice balls.
    -do stairs
    find something that you like to do or try a new sport.
    go shoot some hoops
    hit a tennis ball against a wall

netlix, youtube all have videos.
    Just remember to have fun with it.