starving

Options
My daily calorie intake is 1200 and im ALWAYS hungry in between meals and it's just so hard not to go over.!

Replies

• rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    I felt that way the first couple days but it passed....not the cravings, just the starving part ;) Hang in there...and possibly pick more filling foods that are less calories?
  • k_lagrone
    k_lagrone Posts: 3
    Options
    This is my second day and i went over 158 calories... what are some better choices with food?
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I would starve on 1200 calories too. Did you know if you exercise that you get more calories?
  • Michellemtjpjt
    Options
    I am in the same situation right now I am hungry all the time. But i am on this weight loss
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    exercise!! burn like 200-300 a day, and there you go, there's a snack, or even a meal!
  • emmlovesyewx3
    Options
    then why limit yourself to 1200?! just exercise more, then you can eat more and you'll have more energy & wont be starving! :)
  • amyram
    amyram Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Exercise. if you burn 300 calories exercising you get to eat those calories too. Thats how I keep a full belly by the end of the day. Also you stay busy and not thinking about being hungry.
  • k_lagrone
    k_lagrone Posts: 3
    Options
    When i exercise i get more calories but still not much thoe :) because i weigh 155 i wont lose alot of calories working out...
  • sunshine77493
    sunshine77493 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Drinking more water also helps with the hunger.
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Agreed on the exercise advice! The calories you burn get added to what you can eat that day. Also, make sure you're eating enough protein at each meal, and even high protein snacks will help keep you satisfied longer. Carbs often leave you wanting more.
  • ronaldmcyd
    ronaldmcyd Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I make a huge salad (7 cups), keeps me feeling full for a long time, and its only 300-500 cal:blushing: depending on what I put in it
  • amandamscd
    Options
    Been there, done that. I tried 1200 calories for 3 weeks and was always hungry. I decided that I would rather eat more (around 1500 calories) and exercise more. I also decided to lose weight at a slower pace because life is too short to feel starving all the time. Best of luck!
  • fitatfiftyfive
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, but I decided to walk for 30 minutes and make myself drink another bottle of water even though I didn't want to. After I logged in the exercise and realized I got in my 8 servings of water, I felt so good about it that I didn't mind the hunger any more.
  • samanthatricia
    samanthatricia Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 calories per day too but I found that it helps if you wait until lunch time to eat - however I'm a student and off for the summer and have the luxury of sleeping in if I want to.... I work out from 9-11 in the mornings and found that exercising really puts off my hunger, especially with drinking so much water during that time.
    I'm also on the Shaklee Cinch Plan, in which 2 of my meals are fruit shakes with Shaklee Cinch powder, and the third meal is a healthy, filling one. Little to no dessert, a Shaklee snack bar, and plenty of water is included.
  • ksun10
    ksun10 Posts: 76
    Options
    pick foods that are more filling. the first couple days i was on 1200 i really thought i was going to pass out. now its a struggle to even reach 1200 some days.
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    1200 is not enough for me either. The worst time for me is at night....
  • MissShancey
    MissShancey Posts: 464
    Options
    eat more to lose more... nothing from a box or bag, none of that man made crap ... meat, fruit, veggies, whole grains. period.
    a galon of water a day no food 3 hours before bed time ... make leafy greens and lean protein your best friend
  • iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I must be weird or something ever since I started I had no issues with my 1260 cals a day.
  • fitatfiftyfive
    Options
    Don't know what you're eating, but tuna is a good source of protein and will help fill you up. Also, salads are good for filling you up. Other things that help me - celery and peanut butter, hummus and red peppers - these things help to fill me up without adding a lot of calories.
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    Drink lots and lots of water (Brita water bottle helped me). Get sugarless chewing gum - helps a lot!!! Eat foods rich in protein like Greek yogurt (YUM) brands Oikos and Chobani are good. I'm doing 1200 and I use Slimfast low carb (Vanilla Creme) most days for breakfast and/or lunch which keeps my calories in check. Hopefully some of that helps! :)