Twice a day?

Options
Is working out twice a day problematic? Lately I've had what seems like TONS of energy, and feel like I could burn it 2 times a day at least! If I did weights in the morning and followed it with cardio (my usual) and then did more cardio in the evening... too much?

Replies

• selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    not if you did it couple days a week but i think 5 times a week twice a day may be to much but thats just me, if you can do it then go for it.
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'd love to just break up my workouts into twice a day too...I was hoping there would be more input on this.

BUMP.
  • Briski1411
    Briski1411 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    No not at all. Infact that is best it is called two a days a sports players do it all the time.
    However you got it backwards you should do 30+ minutes of cardio first thing in the morning before you eat. and then weights in the afternoon before dinner, after dinner would be ok too but then your heart and adrenaline is pumpin right before bed....
  • Briski1411
    Briski1411 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    That is how i lost weight very fast. This idea works well but it is very tiring. And you need to make sure u r taking extra vitamins and getting plenty of sleep
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    ^this

That's one of the best ways to put in your workouts!
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    my thoughts were running in the morning - 30--40 mins..

then evening do weights and either run again or do my usual cycle class..

so,, good idea then? I just really want someone to say yes instead of no. just let me hear it.. LOL
  • betrayalunknown
    Options
    On Monday-Fridays, I work out from 6:20-8:20AM

And then again from 7PM-8PM

Yep, I'm addicted...

plus I eat 3,000 cals a day so I need to...

I find that it is so much easier to do so much more if you commit yourself to going to the gym twice a day. At night, I pretend like I wasn't even there in the morning and work out all of my work frustrations. The trick is letting yourself think that you didn't work out in the morning... if you already work out for the second time with the mentality that this is your second time working out, then you will not put yourself at max capacity. Just don't tire yourself out, though. Listen to your body. Don't over work yourself. But if you honestly have the energy and you are eating enough, then I say go for it. Good luck xo
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    get plenty of good fuel and plenty of sleep

ROCK IT!
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    That's great hearing you have a lot of energy! Make sure stay hydrated and eat an adequate amount of calories and I think you should be ok with that routine.
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    That is how i lost weight very fast. This idea works well but it is very tiring. And you need to make sure u r taking extra vitamins and getting plenty of sleep
    Tiring? Not worried there... lately I've become a little ball of energy - not *entirely* sure what happened, but def not complaining!

But I do know the change MUST be dietary related, that's the only thing I've changed!
  • EliseVanca
    EliseVanca Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I say yeah!! Go for it! Make sure you're eating to fuel your body and make sure you don't do too much and if you get hurt, stop. But hell, go ahead and try it!
  • mokab
    mokab Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    About four times a week I do circuit training in the am and then cardio at night. I listen to my body tho. Usually, Sunday is my rest day, but if I am tired or feeling off I will switch it out.
    I have been sleeping better at night and really haven't been any hungrier.
  • skittles8810
    Options
    I workout 6-7 days a week. If i do workout on my rest day its ab work or stretching. I have high energy. I workout 2-3 times a day. I usually do my cardio (run) then I do my weights, and then i do insanity or bike ride 20+ miles. I love to workout and my body is thankful for it. If i start to feel worn down I will take a rest day. But usually a good nights sleep and plenty of healthy food helps me to recover fast. So no I dont think its to much if your body can handle it.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    As long as your nutrition is in order, and you've split your weightlifting such that you're not overtraining any muscle group- you're good. Nutrition's got to be tight, though.
  • moochachip
    moochachip Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    As long as you're not running your body into the ground, or lifting using the same muscle group at different times of the day you should be fine.

If I had the time, I would do it too.
  • Jani2416
    Jani2416 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I've been doing that, last week I was jogging in the morning, then at night....it was great.
  • vcreinert
    vcreinert Posts: 83
    Options
    Actually I would prefer sex twice a day.
  • LifeJacketWaterJogger
    Options
    JILLIAN THE FAMOUS PERSONAL TRAINER SAY'S TWICE A DAY WILL GET THE WEIGHT OFF, SHE ACTUALLY SUGGEST IT, BUT GET YOUR SUPPLEMENTS RIGHT!:smile:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    When will you recover and give yourself time to heal?
    Keep in mind the body uses nutrients from food to heal.
    If you are cutting calories then you should have an abbreviated workout schedule.
    Otherwise you could overtrain, plateau or even injure yourself.

The human body can only lose so much fat in a day so if you arent burning fat and you burn through the glycho in your system....bye bye lean mass....

Not recommended.
    Actually I would prefer sex twice a day.
    BRUCE-LEE-APPROVES-GIF.gif

My kinda girl!
  • 1SlimShaylee
    1SlimShaylee Posts: 204
    Options
    i would love to do it twice a day!!