Turkey Burger Help!!

Options
Heather_Rider
Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
I need a way to make a turkey burger not taste like a turkey burger...

I mean, if i wanted turkey on bread.. i would go to subway!

HELP!

***I am looking for seasonings for the meat.. not condiments or veggies! Thanks in advance! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• weefreemen
    weefreemen Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Hi there, whenever I cook ground turkey or ground sirloin I always add in a little soft goat cheese and tomato, it really picks up the flavour and adds a little more taste, you could also mix in a little salsa prior to cooking. I make a fruit salsa then use it to help the meat stick together coz I can't use egg. The fruit really kicks up the turkey...
  • new_blossom
    new_blossom Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! Not bland tasting. I would suggest adding green onion, garlic (cloves or powder), planko bread crumbs or ground up Quaker oats to thicken, ground flax seed, you can add all types of herbs, such as chili powder, cumin, Italian seasonings, salt, pepper, a dash of red pepper flakes. You can add lite soy sauce or worchetershire, Whatever you like, throw it in.

I am not suggesting throw all of this together, I am suggesting what you could add into turkey meat.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I am amzed how this stuff ever got popular. turkey bacon....YUCK...turkey burger? YUCK

there is absolutely nothing wrong with ground sirloin

there is nothing wrong with real bacon

there is NO advantage to using turkey for a burger other than less taste

dont be afraid of fat...saturated or not
  • AddictedtoAerosmith
    AddictedtoAerosmith Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    OMG, send me your email address and or friend request and I will send you a specific way to make the Almighty Andrea Extra Lean Turkey Burger....meat, cheese, and bun, around 300 calories...I'm too tired to post this evening It's MY signature meal, I have converted multiple people to it...ngiht
  • Heather_Rider
    Options
    I am amzed how this stuff ever got popular. turkey bacon....YUCK...turkey burger? YUCK

Until you have had two strokes at the age of 24 year old from blood clots that went to the brain due to a blocked artery from eeating red meats and fatty foods... I have a legitimate fear of fat.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Ground turkey
    Jacobs crackers (12 crumbled)
    1 egg
    Course ground mustard 2 tbsp
    1/2 cup italian parsley

Cut up mix and mix and mix.

I usually make 4 big burgers out of a pound of turkey but its really up to you.

Before grilling, brush both sides with olive oil.

Cut a Hass Avocado and use 1/4 avocado for each burger.
    Melt low sodium cheese over the whole shabang!

I use Arnold Flax rolls.
    At 100 cals per roll its much better than 200-230 per regular burger roll.
  • no_stemz
    no_stemz Posts: 47
    Options
    I marinate the ground turkey patties in Dale's Steak seasoning. It is very good.
  • Heather_Rider
    Options
    I marinate the ground turkey patties in Dale's Steak seasoning. It is very good.

LOVE DALES!

thanks everyoner the ideas!! Ill deffo try them all! =)
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I think steak seasoning makes it good.
  • loumaag
    loumaag Posts: 118
    Options

Until you have had two strokes at the age of 24 year old from blood clots that went to the brain due to a blocked artery from eeating red meats and fatty foods... I have a legitimate fear of fat.
    Then why are you eating turkey? Ground turkey has 34.75 g of fat per pound, lean ground beef (95/5) has 22.68 g of fat per pound.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

sorry that happened to you
  • marvelscale
    marvelscale Posts: 135
    Options
    My mom hates turkey and we have made this recipe several times and my whole family loves it :)

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/asian-turkey-burgers-recipe/index.html
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I use turkey burger for a lot of wonderful things, shredded onion keeps it moist, chili pepper, Trader Joe's chili pepper sauce adds zest without salt, cumin, garlic, and lots of other spicy stuff. Shredded cheese again helps keep it moist and juicy.
  • Aalsup08
    Aalsup08 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Easy way - season 1 lb meat with 1/2 package of onion soup mix

Long way- add 1 egg, diced peppers ( orange, yellow, red), minced onions, garlic powder, adobe Goya seasoning to 1 lb of meat
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Turkey burger, extra lean has 2g of fat to 6 oz.
  • stephross88
    stephross88 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Ok, take ground turkey, lean but not too lean and mix with some onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and one package of Kraft Fresh Take 4 Cheese breadcrumb and cheese mix. Cook them on the grill or George Foreman. Eat them like burgers but on 100 calorie thin buns. Delicious
  • wxgurl
    wxgurl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just use sage in my turkey, and then if I am feeling the need for more, I baste it with a little A-1 sauce while I am grilling it...seems to work pretty well for us!
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I like to use frozen chopped spinach(thawed), jalepenos, feta cheese crumbles and make it into patties, then bake them on 350 for about 25 min. They are super moist.
  • simplyme99
    simplyme99 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just use salt and pepper and at the very end add a little BBQ sauce! Yummy!