Wii Fit FYI

Options
I know several have asked about burning calories on the Wii Fit. Well I reactivated my bodybugg today and tonight I did the Wii Fit for 30 minutes and it says I burned 300 calories during that time. I did all of the aerobic activities (running, hula hoop, step) and did them vigorously. Bodybugg is pretty accurate. Now I am a bigger gal, so remember it won't be the same for everyone, but that's not bad for 30 minutes of fun activity.

Replies

• bryannakay
    bryannakay Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    What is a Bodybugg? Sonds like something cool I should have!!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    It's a calorie counter/HRM. The contestants on biggest loser wear them. They go for $200-$300 each.

Good job getting such a good workout in, btw! I use my Wii every day to do it, and feel I burn a good deal as well.

So... was the little wii fit monitor results pretty close to what your body bugg said?
  • bleachcse
    bleachcse Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Actually my Wii has never once told me how many calories I have burned. How do you get it to do that?
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    The new Wii Fit Plus game gives a calorie burn estimate.
  • bleachcse
    bleachcse Posts: 148 Member
    Options

I've had my Wii Fit for awhile, so it's probably not the new fancy version. Thanks, I was wondering!
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options

I've had my Wii Fit for awhile, so it's probably not the new fancy version. Thanks, I was wondering!

No problem! :)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Definitely upgrade to the Wii Fit Plus game. It'll only put you out $20, and well worth it with all the upgrades it has (so I've heard). It's one of the first games I bought.
    I also have Wii Biggest Loser, and feel that the counter on there is very inaccurate. I don't suppose you'd be interested in testing that one, too?
  • ebh1024
    ebh1024 Posts: 186
    Options
    I have the Biggest Loser for Wii Fit as well. I agree it seems off. Maybe that can be checked somehow too. I do love the WiiFit Plus. I just need to find the time to use it more. Always on the run or worried about laundry or something, but no more. I am going to dedicate 30 minutes at least 3 times week.
  • RLJAXON
    RLJAXON Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I dont mean to jump subjects, but how do you like your body bugg? i would like to get one, but havent heard how anyone likes them. How exactly do you do it? I hear there is a web sight or something?