Mine would be:
    big sky john o'callaghan

Foreigner - "Cold As Ice"
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options

Foreigner - "Cold As Ice"

:laugh:

I'd like a sentimental song with bagpipes (my family's scottish). They can choose any songs they like EXCEPT for Amazing Grace. I've heard that song so many thousands of times that it's now like hearing fingernails on a blackboard.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    What's that song that has the lyrics "Now you're just somebody that I used to know" ? Haha! Or wouldn't that song be great at a reunion?

Really, part of what I do as a church musician is play piano and sing for funerals. I've done about 40 funerals every year for the last 25 years. I did it for the money when I was young, but now I feel that I can help people through their grieving and give them some hope.

I've been asked to play "I Did it My Way" many times, but church rules say I can't do that. I was asked to play "Take me out to the Ball Game" a few times, too. "The Prayer" and "Time to Say Goodbye" have been popular requests lately.

For my funeral? Hmmm - All the songs I do are kind of old to me now. Maybe I better write one!
  • brandon0523
    brandon0523 Posts: 516
    Options
    Gods gonna cut you down..... johny cash
  • DisputedEnds
    Options
    What's that song that has the lyrics "Now you're just somebody that I used to know" ? Haha! Or wouldn't that song be great at a reunion?

Really, part of what I do as a church musician is play piano and sing for funerals. I've done about 40 funerals every year for the last 25 years. I did it for the money when I was young, but now I feel that I can help people through their grieving and give them some hope.

I've been asked to play "I Did it My Way" many times, but church rules say I can't do that. I was asked to play "Take me out to the Ball Game" a few times, too. "The Prayer" and "Time to Say Goodbye" have been popular requests lately.

For my funeral? Hmmm - All the songs I do are kind of old to me now. Maybe I better write one!
    what i ment is not in the church when they lower your body in the ground or your cremation box or spreading of ashes what every you want your care taker to do.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Hurt by Johnny Cash
  • KayeeDaisyBee
    Options
    Lady GaGa - The Edge Of Glory
  • SavageRabidBeast
    SavageRabidBeast Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    my funeral song would be my all-time fave song "Nutshell" by Alice in Chains
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    Easy...

VNV Nation - Beloved (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7RlKe5LLPo)

It's one of the saddest, yet beautiful songs I've heard.
  • Lobster1987
    Lobster1987 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Jump by Van Halen
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Hurt by Johnny Cash

Yep, mine too!
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Anything Aerosmith. It would remind my family of me the most. Then "I did it my way".....Maybe some Blue Oyster cult "don't fear the reaper"
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Dwelling In Beulah Land
  • Vicarious518
    Options
    Led zeppelin - No quarter